JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, hey hi hello. My wife and I will be picking up a 2017 plain jane unlimited w/ 75,000 miles on Friday. My wife has waited patiently for quite awhile for a jeep. The independant dealer offered us a repair insurance warranty thinga ma jiggy through Smart Auto Care. I will be declining that particular company due to a lack of specific information on there website, plus they have been bought and sold a few times recently and thats a red flag for me. However I am wondering if any of you have had good experiences with other companies offering the same thing. Or maybe like me you think its a dumb idea in general so in that case just pat me on the back. Cost was just under 2900 for 80,000 miles or 5 years. And keep in mind my wife and I are capeable to make most repairs well, and I'm foolish enough to tackle anything:) and if this post is in the wrong spot just tell me where to put it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
New to the forum, hey hi hello. My wife and I will be picking up a 2017 plain jane unlimited w/ 75,000 miles on Friday. My wife has waited patiently for quite awhile for a jeep. The independant dealer offered us a repair insurance warranty thinga ma jiggy through Smart Auto Care. I will be declining that particular company due to a lack of specific information on there website, plus they have been bought and sold a few times recently and thats a red flag for me. However I am wondering if any of you have had good experiences with other companies offering the same thing. Or maybe like me you think its a dumb idea in general so in that case just pat me on the back. Cost was just under 2900 for 80,000 miles or 5 years. And keep in mind my wife and I are capeable to make most repairs well, and I'm foolish enough to tackle anything:) and if this post is in the wrong spot just tell me where to put it.
is the $2900 80k/5yr extended warranty on top of the model year and current mileage? i normally hear extended warranty starts on the model year with zero mileage.

I have Mopars highest tier extended warranty on my Ram 1500. Covers 75K/8yrs from new and only paid $1600. I shopped around and found better deals out of state cause my local dealership wanted 2x more.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have dealt with aftermarket warranty companies and it really is hit and miss. Recently I put a new LS in a old POS but also had a different customers claim rejected.
Some companies will send a adjuster out and if your jeep is modified then chances are they wont pay for anything.
Some of them only install used parts.
They are insurance companies that don't make money if they have to pay out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"is the $2900 80k/5yr extended warranty on top of the model year and current mileage? i normally hear extended warranty starts on the model year with zero mileage"

Thanks for the response's. It is 80k on top of existing. And as Rlee pointed out they are more of an insurance than a warranty. Since I posted I have decided to go with nothing. I will make repairs as much as I can and pay for it when we need to. There do seem to be some decent companies providing this service however being in Central New York means salt and I read that some companies do not pay out if the failure is due to rust/corrosion.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts