JKOwners Forum banner

Exhaust rerouting 3.6

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Tweak 
#1 ·
I am not a fan of exhaust spacers for multiple reasons and want to reroute my exhaust for drive shaft clearance, I know I can go to an aftermarket shaft and avoid issues but for now I am keeping the stock driveshaft. So let's see pics of what y'all have done to clear the driveshaft, I also plan to go long arm in the future and just want to get it done once and be done

#11 ·
I went round and round with this too because I run Rockhard skids and I think the exhaust reroute solution blows. When you reroute the crosspipe to the passenger side of transmission (as AFE does) it rides way too close to transmission, which is a major no no if you have an auto. You will end up having to exhaust wrap a bunch of pipe in addition to exhaust kit. For $400 you can get an aftermarket front driveshaft and tcase flange shipped to your door (River City) and as a bonus if you ever decide to go above a 2.5" lift the required shaft is already there! You don't save enough money rerouting exhaust vs driveshaft to be bothered with all the extra labor in my opinion.

#15 ·
Take it to a muffler shop and let them go nuts. My guy did a great job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.