JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of exhaust spacers for multiple reasons and want to reroute my exhaust for drive shaft clearance, I know I can go to an aftermarket shaft and avoid issues but for now I am keeping the stock driveshaft. So let's see pics of what y'all have done to clear the driveshaft, I also plan to go long arm in the future and just want to get it done once and be done

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
2 or 4 door? If you have a 4 door and plan on a long arm then look into the AFE or Magnaflow y-pipes. They route the exhaust behind the crossmember.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Is this a direct replacement DIY, or does it require cutting or welding?
you have to cut your stock y-pipe but no welding needed. I have one for sale with a cut Y pipe already Id sell you. That way you don't have to replace the expensive y pipe if you don't like it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went round and round with this too because I run Rockhard skids and I think the exhaust reroute solution blows. When you reroute the crosspipe to the passenger side of transmission (as AFE does) it rides way too close to transmission, which is a major no no if you have an auto. You will end up having to exhaust wrap a bunch of pipe in addition to exhaust kit. For $400 you can get an aftermarket front driveshaft and tcase flange shipped to your door (River City) and as a bonus if you ever decide to go above a 2.5" lift the required shaft is already there! You don't save enough money rerouting exhaust vs driveshaft to be bothered with all the extra labor in my opinion.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then the 2 options I mention would be perfect. Most of the guys in our Jeep group have long arms and the stock exhaust will most likely get smashed if you wheel it hard.

this jeep likely wont get wheeled that hard so im not worried about the rest of the exhaust for now. if it gets smashed up I will replace it in a way it wont get beat up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Take it to a muffler shop and let them go nuts. My guy did a great job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts