JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at RRM I have been kicking around the idea of maybe offering a 3.6 exhaust loop (The TUBA) eliminator. I am here to ask how many JKO Pentastar owners are really seriously looking for this MOD. Of course we will only offer it if we can Prove no power loss or we are able to get equal power.
The reason i am asking is because it takes $$$ to R&D this product. I myself would like to find a fix for this and offer it only if the product works.
The Bosses higher up are willing but only if I get feedback on this idea.
Please feel free to give your thoughts and interest on eliminating the stock exhaust loop for clearance issues, with the idea of no power loss....

Thank You
Road///Race Motorsports

· Registered
11,420 Posts
I'd think getting it to not lose power is going to be quite a task. Chrysler put it there for a reason..

· Registered
48 Posts
I like the idea but it's only about $80 to get a skid for it. Would it be possible for the "eliminator" to be less or comparable to this? I'm still at stock height so I have no idea if the "loop" becomes a problem with long arm suspensions or not.

· Banned
548 Posts
I know this doesn't affect me as I have an older JK, 2011. However, I think it would be a hit if you could do it without power loss.

· Registered
119 Posts
I'd think getting it to not lose power is going to be quite a task. Chrysler put it there for a reason..
Not really! I spoke with several of the exhaust manufacturers at SEMA in November. Magnaflow in particular had done a ton of testing with and without the loop. Everyone I spoke with said there was NO power loss or issues caused with removing the loop.

Myself, coming from a drag racing background can tell you the advantage of "equal length" tube headers is a fallacy... there is none. Equal length headers were all the rage a few years ago but A-B-A testing on several motors and different dynos showed ZERO difference. So why Chrysler engineers decided to put that mud collecting, rock grabber in there is beyond me.

When I get ready to do my long arm suspension I will be cutting the loop out and making my own "straight pipe" section to be welded in its place. I already completely reconfigured my exhaust by moving the crossover behind the transfer case with a couple of stainless J-bend tube sections I bought from Summit. I did a build thread in the Mods section.

Custom exhaust on 2013 JKUR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.