JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How in the H do you get to them to tighten them up? With a swivel and a long extension, I can get to the forward one, but the one closer to the firewall is proving impossible to reach from below because the cat that is right below them. Anyone have suggestions how to snug both of these up?

Is there other dis-assembly first that makes this job easier? I haven't even looked at pass. side yet but drivers side was leaking like crazy. I thought it was a cracked manifold, but it ended up being loose bolts.

15mm, correct?

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Remove the fender well liner and you can just reach in with a box end and crank them down.

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I was able to get them all torqued down now without pulling the liner. I went back at it with a vengeance and figured out a combo of extensions, & swivel to get 3 of the 4. For the rear drivers side bolt I got at it from the top with a ratcheting box end wrench....1-2 clicks at a time. All good now.

I guess these just loosen up on JK's for no particular reason and need to be checked every so often?

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
I guess these just loosen up on JK's for no particular reason and need to be checked every so often?
Pretty much. It's actually a good thing as it forces you to get down there and you can see if your manifolds are cracked.

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.