JKOwners Forum banner

Evo Plush Ride Springs

7K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  White13JKUR 
#1 ·
So here is the deal and i need some assistance from anyone that has used these springs.

My current set up is 08 jk 2door with JKU springs with a hard top rating if that makes any difference and 2 inch pucks. i have gotten about a 4 inch lift due to factory bumpers cut and weight reductions.

I have a oppertunity to get a set of 3" plushride springs at a great deal and was curious if these would ride better or different then my currant set up.

Any help would be appriciated.

TIA

Brian

#2 ·
Firmer, right now you are running with a low spring rate. The EVO's .. Or most aftermarket coils.. Have a higher rate to support weight.
Are you positive the jeep is at 4"? What other mods have you done to support the height?
I ran the 3" EVO's and sat at just under 4"

Line art Drawing Diagram Coloring book Sketch

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
Firmer, right now you are running with a low spring rate. The EVO's .. Or most aftermarket coils.. Have a higher rate to support weight.
Are you positive the jeep is at 4"? What other mods have you done to support the height?
I ran the 3" EVO's and sat at just under 4"

View attachment 255818

Is 9 3/8 for all JK's? Rubicons? Unlimited? Unlimited Rubicons?

#4 ·
#5 ·
ok i just measured and it looks to be 12 1/2 inches... so definatly not 4 inches in lift..haha good to know for future refrence however...

also if the evo plushride are going to be more stiff then what it is now...there is no way i am going to get them. i feel like i am driving a cut off lifted truck.

#6 ·
#8 ·
I am running the RK 3.5" springs on my 2 door, and have the Evo 3" plush rides on my 4 door, both running the basic Bilstein 5100s.

Comparing the Evo's and 5100s to the stock springs and shocks, they are a little firmer, but not in an uncomfortable way. The Jeep actually rides and drives better, and more comfortably with the Evo/5100 combo than it did stock.

#9 ·
I did not care for the EVO's. Maybe different on a heavier 4 door. Too firm for my liking.

#11 ·
#12 ·
I went from the AEV 3.5" coils + AEV-tuned 5100's to the EVO plush 4" coils plus OME LTs on my JKUR.

On road and DD, the difference is noticeable but more subtle than I was expecting. The ride did smooth out a fair amount and is slightly less BMW-like now that I am linear all around versus progressive all around. I did get a lift front and rear from just the coil and shock swap - keep in mind that the 5100s are gas charged (pressurized) and the OMEs are not. That contributes very slightly to height. There is still a rake with the hard top and doors.

On-road and loaded with nothing more than passengers, the ride is a fair bit smoother.

I have not been off road yet with this combo but expect a little more flex. At least more compliant.

What I am actually thinking is to put the AEV 3.5" rear coils in to give it better load leveling and slightly less rake.

My OEM coils were progressive in the rear and linear in the front. They are on a two door in Oregon now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.