JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a 4" lift and 15" rims today. My question is my esp light is flashing? Whats the deal with that? Did I mess something up?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do do need an alignment. So that should take care of it?

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Center your steering wheel with the adjuster sleeve on the drag link.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
just to clarify, centering your steering wheel does not require an alignment shop or any special tools

drive forward to where the vehicle is driving straight, loosen the 2 15mm bolts on the drag link adjusting collar and turn it until the steering wheel is straight, tighten the 15mm bolts back down and your esp problems should be fixed

sometimes it takes 3 or 4 startup cycles to clear the esp lights once it gets "happy"

·
Registered
456 Posts
^^^^ This, in fact there's not much an alignment shop can do more than that and adjusting your tow - which you can also do in the driveway.

I guarantee your steering wheel is off center now, just adjust that back to center and life will be good...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone! I will keep trying to center the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Truck Hemi in a JK

I put a 4" lift and 15" rims today. My question is my esp light is flashing? Whats the deal with that? Did I mess something up?
How did you get 15 inch wheels to work, over the brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
You may need an alignment. It comes on whenever the esp wants to be finnicky if the alignment isn't dead on.

Anyway...the important thing, pics of the new setup!! Where are they? :bounce:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok some times my steering is centered then other times the wheel is turned and i still go straight? I thought of pulling the pitman arm again and recentering it. What else could it be. Axles are good.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Its probably because you didn't post any pictures yet. :grinpimp:

No, but for real, if it still doesn't go out, it might actually something with the sensor...but it can't hurt to get a professional alignment. I know when mine had been on a while I wasted my money by going to the dealer and them telling me for $50 that I needed an alignment. I don't think the pitman arm or steering stuff should really be affecting esp that much.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts