JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, I have read just about every problem with codes and able to find a list of codes on the net and here on this site. The engine light came on after taking off from a stop light, not really getting into it. When I got home I noticed there was a miss at idle, normal driving down the road was ok. Sounds like the miss i coming from the right side of motor. I use mid grade fuel and injector cleaner twice a year. New air cleaner and spark plugs. It has 30000 miles and no proplems up until now. A list below is the error codes, I tried the disconect battery deal and didnt clear.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited

Here are this codes I get when I hold the button in and turn on key...

1. 1 8210
2. c 62.9
3. L50.5
4. cF.9
5. 5 30.0

Help me Help my Jeep, Thanks All

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holding odometer button and turn the ignition key on. all the lights come on and gadges move. Flashes those codes twice. Am I doing that wrong?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to Advance atuo and they read the codes, it was much different then to odo codes I listed here. Turned out to be a missfire in #6 cylinder, replaced the plugs, running great now...

Thanks joeglock for the help

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Took it to Advance atuo and they read the codes, it was much different then to odo codes I listed here. Turned out to be a missfire in #6 cylinder, replaced the plugs, running great now...

Thanks joeglock for the help
Curious.....what brand/ type plugs did you choose?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the plugs Jeep says to use.
The perform great.
They are
Champion RE14PLP5 Platinum.
I have tried all types of plugs in my vehicles that are other than manufacturer specifies.
Always went back to what the manufacturer states to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts