JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the third time in six months, my kids' 07 JK Wrangler engine shuts off while in motion. Each time they had just pulled out of a parking lot and were accelerating. Stereo and air conditioning were on. Engine shuts off. Brakes are applied. Everything goes dark. In a few seconds, dash lights come back on. Takes about 45 seconds to restart engine. This can be very dangerous on busy roads. Two dealers in AZ couldn't figure it out. Anyone else experience this??? Need a fix. What would cause the computer to tell engine to shut down like that? No codes were thrown according to dealers.

·
Registered
265 Posts
For the third time in six months, my kids' 07 JK Wrangler engine shuts off while in motion. Each time they had just pulled out of a parking lot and were accelerating. Stereo and air conditioning were on. Engine shuts off. Brakes are applied. Everything goes dark. In a few seconds, dash lights come back on. Takes about 45 seconds to restart engine. This can be very dangerous on busy roads. Two dealers in AZ couldn't figure it out. Anyone else experience this??? Need a fix. What would cause the computer to tell engine to shut down like that? No codes were thrown according to dealers.
Start with the basics, get under the hood and start giggling wires, checking grounds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts