JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: The weirdest thing happened today on my way to work. I got off the interstate and on my first right hand turn the engine shut off :eek:. All electrical was still working, A/C on, lights on on the dash, but no RPM. I coasted to the side of the road, put it in neutral and started right up with no problems. I have between 3/4 and full tank of gas.

My Jeep is a 2010 automatic with 52000 miles. If it matters, I have a 3.5" lift with 35" tires, over a year with the current setup with no problems.

Anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
267 Posts
A guy I work with used to be an auto mechanic for a Chevrolet dealer here in Arizona. Some guy reported the exact same thing as you, except it was an 80s Corvette. Turned out the fuel pump was defective in some way. Once it was replaced it never happened again.

I don't know if this applies in any way to your current problem though.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
This happened to my neice in a 2011 often enough that she traded it, and to me once. No codes for either of us. I have seen my fuel gauge drop to empty and my low fuel indicator go off also. Maybe I need a sending unit but it is not easy to test an intermittant issue. Could be a loose connector. Anyone out in the interwebs have ideas?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Is it a Rubicon and do you still have the factory electronic sway bar disconnect hooked up? When those go bad they can do some really funky things. I had my lights and dash die on me at night driving 80mph down a highway.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My niece's was not. Mine is and the sway bar has since been procal'ed away

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OP UPDATE: So far it's been a one time thing, let's hope it stays that way. No codes, not a Rubicon.

Thank you all for your input to the thread.

·
Registered
990 Posts
My jeeps is a manual, but i've noticed when coming off the freeway after a long run (100+ miles) it will quite often stall coming off the offramp at the first stop/light. It fires right up like it never happened. At first I thought I was just clutching poorly but eventually figured out it wasn't me. Seems like a computer glitch.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yeah, I used to have my JKU turn off unexpectedly and found it to be my heavy key ring that was turning the key off when I'd hit big bumps or the keys starting swinging around alot. I now off road with a single key in the ignition and have not had the problem since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts