JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a stupid question I'm sure. Ive owned my JK for a year and a half. Bought it in 2015 new. How much noise can be expected out of this motor. I hear what sounds like lifter noise. Sometimes a bit of a knock.. Sounds like a diesel most of the time but runs great. Not quite 35000 miles. I love the thing but man that 3.6 is noisy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
This is a stupid question I'm sure. Ive owned my JK for a year and a half. Bought it in 2015 new. How much noise can be expected out of this motor. I hear what sounds like lifter noise. Sometimes a bit of a knock.. Sounds like a diesel most of the time but runs great. Not quite 35000 miles. I love the thing but man that 3.6 is noisy..

This engine should be no noisier than a mini-van or a 300 C that they are also installed in .

Still under warranty ?
Get it looked at .
I'd be interested to know as my gf has a "14" with about the same miles and no noise .
Post up what you find out when you find out anything , it may help others searching for answers to a similar condition .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This engine should be no noisier than a mini-van or a 300 C that they are also installed in .

Still under warranty ?
Get it looked at .
I'd be interested to know as my gf has a "14" with about the same miles and no noise .
Post up what you find out when you find out anything , it may help others searching for answers to a similar condition .
I need to find another one somewhere and compare it to that. I may be over anxious it just seems a bit odd

·
Registered
749 Posts
I need to find another one somewhere and compare it to that. I may be over anxious it just seems a bit odd

Any late model 3.6 V-6 Chrysler would be reasonable , many came with that engine .
Go used car shopping HA......

BTW Welcome to JKO .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any late model 3.6 V-6 Chrysler would be reasonable , many came with that engine .
Go used car shopping HA......

BTW Welcome to JKO .
Thank u sir appreciate it

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15 with 7k miles. Knocks on start up if not driven for a week. Stealer says it's normal. No other issues so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts