JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already installed Magnflow exhaust, and AEM intake. Which engine programer would be better. 1. Unichip Performance Computer Module 2. Max Energy ( Hypertech ) And I'm thinking of adding a throttle body spacer too. Not looking for horse power just trying to get back some torque.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its impossible for a Throttle Body Spacer to have a helpful effect on a Sequential Multiport Fuel Injected Engine.

They are potentially able to make a difference in SOME engines, but NOT the one in your JK.

The marketing BS is just that, BS. (LIES)

They will sometimes make multiple dyno runs, as dyno runs can vary with the same conditions for example, pick data from hot vs cold runs, etc...and publish their product's "gains" in performance...which is still lying, even if they did not "Make up the data"...as they presented it as if it were relevant, etc...to convince you to buy their crap.

Sorry.

Save the dough, don't waste good mod money on a TSB.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Well I had jet chip and really didnt notice it, now its gathering dust on the shelf in my office
the programmer I can at least tell its there, not drastic but it's there, plus fixing the speedo is nice

also have CAI and exhaust and the TB spacer (it was free with the CAI)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
there is nothing you can do to this engine, except add a supercharger, or swap in a hemi, that will make a noticeable difference.
that's because for the last 10 or so years its been sitting in a mini van. we all know that the "minivanman" didn't try do anything with it, or wasn't allowed to do anything with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is nothing you can do to this engine, except add a supercharger, or swap in a hemi, that will make a noticeable difference.
Sorry I don't agree, when I had the catback and free breathing intake changed it made a big difference in driveabilty. Woke that minivan motor right up. Mind you I'm not talking wiplash here, but I noticed a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.