JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been messing with this for a couple of Months, have changed the filter to the Evap., Tighten all of the hose clamps, changed the gas Cap, reset it numerous times...07 JK,. Anybody come up with the majic touch?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't have the answer but I tend to think it's a moisture problem, particularly, with respect to the gas cap. Or, perhaps your evap needs to dry out or has, over the years, become contaminated.
I've had the issue in my '02 WJ, on and off, and that's what leads me to my thoughts. Sometimes it goes away, with concurrent weather changes, and once I replaced the cap. Replacing the cap didn't fix it regardless what the code(s) said.
When parked for extended periods, keeping the tank full seems to help/alleviate the issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
Been messing with this for a couple of Months, have changed the filter to the Evap., Tighten all of the hose clamps, changed the gas Cap, reset it numerous times...07 JK,. Anybody come up with the majic touch?

Did you search for and pull diagnostic codes of any kind ? That would be my first step . Then you'll maybe have an idea what to hone-in on . That sounds like the evap canister maybe on last legs or you've got condensation in the tank , etc?

weather can cause odd behavior like this but I concur with the full tank of fuel , also...

:jeep2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts