JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my rear drive shaft a few weeks ago and in the aftermath one of the lines from the evap canister was broken. It was the one that appears to come from the gas tank. I repaired the broken nipple on the evap with some plastic epoxy and it is reattached like new. Very soon after i broke the line my yellow engine light on in dash came on. I have made the repairs but it is still on. My guess is that it must be reset. Is this correct? any help and advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
How many miles have you put on it since the repair? It should reset itself with some drive time. If you have put a grip of mile on it and its still on you may still have a vapor leak, or something else is damaged that is not in plain view.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not smelled gasoline or noticed any stains under the jeep, but I'll take a better look tomorrow. How much is a replacement canaster? Maybe I should just buy a new one and a relocation kit and be done with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Part # ?

Anyone have a part number for the evap canister are a ball park price tag? I think im gonna go ahead and order the relo kit from kilby or jeepswag.com Im gonna pull my canister and reapply some epoxy, and have a looksee for any cracks or whatnot.

·
Registered
314 Posts
an easy way to clear the computer is unhook the positive from the battery and touch it to the negative of the battery for 5 seconds. This will drain all the juice out of the system. If the light comes back on then the leak is still there. Hope this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
an easy way to clear the computer is unhook the positive from the battery and touch it to the negative of the battery for 5 seconds. This will drain all the juice out of the system. If the light comes back on then the leak is still there. Hope this helps

Really? Seems like that would harm the electronics...like how you should take off the positive before the negative so you don't fry relays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.