JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried this Cocaine yet it tastes horrible and burns my nose and throat. But Damn! This stuff is no joke. My hands are shaking and I'm all tingling all over.

Think I will stick to my usual redbull. What's your favorite energy drink?

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
Never touch the stuff any more. Used that kind of stuff while ADAF. Usually taste like shit and are horrible for your body.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lady at work brought some in. Not sure where she found it.

Little caffeine a day is good for the metabolism. But I could do without the sugar but then it wouldnt taste so good.

I have sweaty palms now. This stuff is scary. No more of this stuff.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I'm not like that anymore....

Oh the energy drink.:) Yes, it's good for one time just for the novelty. Seems like it had a red-hots kind of flavor, is that right? To me it had about the same effect as red bull. I got a kick out of the warning label.

some funny vids on their site
http://www.drinkcocaine.com/

Bad news, looks like it's the end of the line for cocaine :(
http://needsofthemany.blogspot.com/2007/05/fda-cant-regulate-drugs-from-canada-but.html
.... What's your favorite energy drink?
I don't drink them often. If I'm driving on a long trip in the late afternoon I'll do a 5 hour energy or Red Bull.

If I'm just looking for a boost without all the jitters I'll get a Rockstar Juiced Mango Orange Passionfruit. Just tried the Monster Rehab and it was okay too.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I'm generally a Rockstar guy, but I usually get the sugar free stuff. Tastes better to me than the regular stuff. I've also been known to drink a Red Bull from time to time, but Rockstar is basically my morning cup of coffee. Not much of a coffee drinker because I just don't care much for the taste....and we don't get along anyway.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Yeah....the Rockstar 2X has like 250mg of caffeine in it. I get that when I'm really groggy. And only 1g of sugar and 15 calories.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not a coffee drinker either. One red bull every morning for me. Think its more a habit now more then anything. I've tried the Rock Star, Monster and NOS. I like the tart taste of the redbull the best.

The Cocaine I did feel this morning. Felt like a hardcore pre workout powder I've took before. Which was way too much for me.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I use the 5hr Energy when I'm nodding off while driving long distances. I've never felt jittery from it.

Other than that, my main source of caffeine is Mt Dew. I could live on that shit.

Never did care for Red Bull, might have tried a Monster once or twice, but I don't care for them either.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I use stay alert gum... 100 mg per piece, and they warn against more then 2 pc every 3 hrs. 10 cal, 2g sugar cause I gotta have the mint flavor. Too much bitter from cinnamon. "recommend safe and effective by the committee on military research.".

I usually have access to a full pack... I can hurt some people with it... "Have 3, its fine...". :devil:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Careful with the energy drinks with a ton of caffeine in them, it's your typical street-corner drug dealer mentality. Get them hooked, keep 'em forever.

Caffeine does not give you energy. Caffeine blocks the receptors in your brain that accepts a compound known as Adenosine. Adenosine slows receptor activity, and that makes you feel drowsy.

The "boost" from caffeine is not because it gives you energy, it' blocks the compound that makes you sleepy. And guess what happens when that caffeine wears off and all that backed up Adenosine can react with your brain? Yup. The crash.

Over time, you build up a tolerance to caffeine, so you need more to get the same effect. 300mg/day is considered a high dose (that's 4+ cups of coffee), so getting that much in a single dose is pretty much guaranteeing that you're going to need their product. And that's what they want.

I can't judge though, my morning coffee is around 235mg of caffeine.

~SoCo

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Careful with the energy drinks with a ton of caffeine in them, it's your typical street-corner drug dealer mentality. Get them hooked, keep 'em forever.

Caffeine does not give you energy. Caffeine blocks the receptors in your brain that accepts a compound known as Adenosine. Adenosine slows receptor activity, and that makes you feel drowsy.

The "boost" from caffeine is not because it gives you energy, it' blocks the compound that makes you sleepy. And guess what happens when that caffeine wears off and all that backed up Adenosine can react with your brain? Yup. The crash.

Over time, you build up a tolerance to caffeine, so you need more to get the same effect. 300mg/day is considered a high dose (that's 4+ cups of coffee), so getting that much in a single dose is pretty much guaranteeing that you're going to need their product. And that's what they want.

I can't judge though, my morning coffee is around 235mg of caffeine.

~SoCo
No, I agree completely. It is an addiction. I've tried to stop drinking them a couple times and although I know I can do it and live without them, if I don't have some form of caffeine, I feel like shit all day. Headaches, groggy, worn out, etc.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The first Red Bull I ever had was back maybe 1995. The first Playstation was the hotness at the time. Saw it in a convenience store late one night in Austin, was already well "chemically stimulated" at the time, and thought it tasted like shitty raspberry soda. That was my first and last Red Bull.

I've done a couple non-stop cross country drives surviving on little more than cigarettes and Rockstar Java/Starbucks Coffee+Energy, would get out of the Jeep shaking like a crackhead at each gas station.

I just drink my coffee in the morning these days.

~SoCo

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I work with a guy that his son had a heart attack and died, I know he was less than 35 years old, the dr from the autopsy said the energy drinks "cooked" his heart. Lenny said his son would drink 2-3 a day. Fuck that y'all have fun, I'll stick with trying to get off of dr pepper

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.