JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving cross state in pouring rain (im 100% this is the reason) i go to turn my lights on and my jeep goes 100% out of electrical power, at first thought was Alternator problems, but th gages didn't flutter or bounce they just went dead, then everything came back on and i drove on... any ideas?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Um.........EMP maybe?

:thefinger:

Really have no clue except maybe a short from an accessory due to the rain. I had a relay that would kill my Jeep when it rained or snowed.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Start with something simple like a loose battery cable. Ive had that happen before on a previous vehicle and I went dead in the water immediately.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Start with something simple like a loose battery cable. Ive had that happen before on a previous vehicle and I went dead in the water immediately.
Same. Was doing some work on my lights, and forgot to tighting the battery bolt afterwards. Drove 50km before it loosened up. Jeep went completely dead.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That was an early bug in the TIPM computer control... there was a flash for that. I had read about the total power loss and was not surprised then when it happened to me, twice, before I got mine in for the flash. I wonder if it has resurfaced in a later software release?

The symptoms were, when driving (mine happened when going around a corner, then accelerating), all power would be lost (the engine would shut off briefly, all the lights would go off), all the dash lights would come on and gauges recalibrate (as in a computer reboot), the engine would restart, and all would be normal..... until it would happen again.

Mine did that dance twice. Before the flash.

It has done it once since.... right before that last battery failed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gauges didnt stick they al just went dead...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts