JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 JK with a 6.2L swap and I have had no luck this year getting it to pass emissions. Basically Colorado Emissions has told me this type of engine swap will not pass unless it can pass the way the donor vehicle did with no changes and not reprogramming. I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting there swapped jeeps to pass emission and if there are any solutions?

·
Registered
422 Posts
That sucks! I heard they made it tougher this year and Colorado is trying to eliminate engine swaps like California. The West Slope or east of me in Morgan County. You'll likely have to find a referee that's willing to work with you on this, good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts

when you hand the next test agent your registration paper indicating you are back to try to pass, cess-out the individual & if 'right' vibe is present , make eye contact & slap & $50 spot folded into their hand or w/ the paperwork .
A wink should impart the implication & if there's any kickback , just say ,
"oops...wtf did I hand you that for ?! I must be losing my mind...so sorry..."

pass.

( I am not advocating illegal activity ; the above comment was fiction & for enjoyment - entertainment only. - if you break laws , you're subject to whatever local or federal laws could apply - JJ)

:wink_animate:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
LS in a JK

We are having the same problem here in California, i just got a LJ to pass and that was the hardest this i had to do, it took me 3 years to figure it out and i have one more Jeep to do and it is a 2009 Jeep JK with a 6.2L and a 6L80. This is a trick for sure, the computer is just one thing, I'm turning into a LS non fan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PM Me. I have dealt with Colorado emissions stuff quite a bit.
must be a new user thing, but it wont let me message you. nearing the tail end of an LS swap (albeit a TJ, but I cant imagine anything is different) and would like to know if i need to do more than weld up a cat and run an e85 tune.. please msg me if you're not wanting to publicly discuss it.

and if this sounds shady being a first post - you're welcome to join me for a beer at my house. i have over 50 liters of V8 here that i'd love to know what to do with having moved here a few years ago. used to indiscriminately 4.8/5.3 swap prior to living in CO.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Sing it with me: Aalllll the West is full of leftists.... That's whhhyyy I hang my hat in Tennessee!!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts