JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a lift on a 99 TJ and when tightening the pitman arm nut, I stripped the nut out. The shaft is fine but the nut is toast. I called the dealer to try to get the nut and you have to buy the whole steering box. I dont want to spend $400 to replace a nut. Anyone know if any other ones would fit or where to get any replacement that would fit? Any idea of the specs on that nut? I have searched like crazy and not found any info. I called all local Jjunk yards and no one in my area has any wrangler parts. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!:beer:

·
Registered
365 Posts
besides a junk yard im not sure where you can get one. Do you have a picture of it.. or whats left of it? maybe someone can suggest a replacement from being able to see the bolt.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Just go to a junk yard and take one off. If not you can try Jeepsareus.com

·
Registered
7,281 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am putting a lift on a 99 TJ and when tightening the pitman arm nut, I stripped the nut out. The shaft is fine but the nut is toast. I called the dealer to try to get the nut and you have to buy the whole steering box. I dont want to spend $400 to replace a nut. Anyone know if any other ones would fit or where to get any replacement that would fit? Any idea of the specs on that nut? I have searched like crazy and not found any info. I called all local Jjunk yards and no one in my area has any wrangler parts. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!:beer:
call J&W http://www.jwjeep.com/ they will send you one today, $20 min purchase but it beats $400 bucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts