JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I need a new smartbar for my Rubicon but I'm trying to decide between replacing it with another stocker or just installing an antirock? Opinions?
There are a few discussions on here about the antirock.

I personally wouldn't drop the coin for another Rubi sway bar unless you can pick up one cheap. Might want to consider a good set of quick discos.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
That's my plan for when my e disco dies.
I disassembled mine and brought it back to life but I don't trust it and have always pulled links so no big deal. Your only as fast as the slowest person when airing up or down at the trail head

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Offroad Evolution has a twist knob that is put on the stock Rubicon unit. I can't speak as to how well this works? If it's not too too hard to turn it might be a good option?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Offroad Evolution has a twist knob that is put on the stock Rubicon unit. I can't speak as to how well this works? If it's not too too hard to turn it might be a good option?
That's what I have in mine. I like it alot, just reach under the bumper and dial it in or out to connect/disconnect. Less than a minute either way. And it's less than a hundred bucks

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Teraflex's dual rate bar looks like the ticket. Not cheap, but probably less expensive than the e-disco. The dual rate idea has merit, because one of the most annoying aspects of the JK on the trail is the tipping & pitching that can get started when disconnected.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I'd go with a bar that allows for a knob disconnect, or gut the Rubi bar and do it that way. Wouldn't buy another one

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'd go with a bar that allows for a knob disconnect, or gut the Rubi bar and do it that way. Wouldn't buy another one
If uses the ORE knob will he have a light on the dash without the use of a Procal?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have it and it works great. Very easy to install and use.

·
Registered
631 Posts
In order to do a proper comparison of the two, you need to understand that a coil/link suspension works much better with the influence of a sway bar. If you're only connect in the rear, then you're essentially 'unbalanced' in the sense that the rear will dictate your frame's orientation. If you're connected on both ends, you're now in an "equal and opposite" situation in which the sway bars work together (actually against each other) to keep the frame more level and more stable while the axles do what they want.

There's nothing advantageous about being disconnected when you've got a link suspension. Nothing at all. If I were to purchase a JK Rubi, one of the first things I'd do is remove the stock sway bar, sell all of that junk, and install a Currie AR in its place.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts