JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to do a poll here.

who has had problems with their electric swaybar disconnect?

what problem did you have and how did it get fixed (what did the dealership do?)?

anyone have a problem with corrosion in the connector from water?

mine isn't working, and it is supposedly from water getting into the connector, causing corrosion in it.

thanks!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had the same problem. The dealer finally replaced the whole unit after trying to clean and repack the original one. No problems with water so far with the new one, but it is drier than a saltine here.

A

·
0 Posts
The first day mine goes bad I’ll get rid of it and go with manual discos. It’s nice to have the button and all, but half the people I know with Rubi’s forget to disco them anyway :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The first day mine goes bad I’ll get rid of it and go with manual discos. It’s nice to have the button and all, but half the people I know with Rubi’s forget to disco them anyway :laughing::laughing::laughing:
i hear you. my e-disco isn't working right now, because of the water/corrosion issue, but i've got some jks quicker disco's on the way.
i figure that with as easy as the jks's are to disconnect, i can just do it at the trailhead, while still in 2WD, then forget about messing with the switch, when i go in and out of 4WD while on the trail.

the service department, as of right now, is saying that it isn't covered under warranty, because it looks like it has sat in water, and there is obviously mud on the bottom of my engine bay. i'm going to take them the print-out of the owner's manual that says i can drive through water up to 20 inches deep (the connector in question is 19 inches from the ground, and i have a 3.5" lift and 35's). and also a printout of the screen from the jeep website where it says, "Hit that riverbed with confidence. Trail Rated® Jeep® 4x4s feature additional electrical and body sealing, along with a high air intake location for optimum water fording capability. Note: Do not attempt water fording unless depth is known to be less than 19 inches."

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
So far... Mine still works even though it was caked with mud, So i am wondering if it fails from a lack of use? I used mine every month so far! :bounce:

·
Registered
441 Posts
So far... Mine still works even though it was caked with mud, So i am wondering if it fails from a lack of use? I used mine every month so far! :bounce:
Interesting point. That button is the button I press immediately after putting it into putting it in 4 wheel drive.

G

·
0 Posts
I had a problem with mine. I was at Anza Borrego for several days and after a couple days on the trail it failed to reconnect. I tried many things but could not get it to reconnect and ended up driving 13 hours home with a blinking light.

The dealer did replace it under warranty and, in fact, went way out of their way to get it covered. No problems since.

I do like the convenience of the button a lot. However, if I had to pay $1500 for a new one, I would go with manual discos. As long as I can get the dealer to pay for it, I'll stick with the convenience. My RE lift came with manual discos (that I just leave connected all the time) so I have a backup if it won't disconnect.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I have an edisco for sale if anyone is interested, haha

I just put curries antirocks on my jeep. I bought the front and rears about three weeks ago but have only had time to get the fronts on so far. I have only wheeled them once since getting the front on, but I think they work really good. Now I just need to find the time to get the rears on.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
There is no one I know who has these e-discos who doesn't hate them...POS as far as I'm concerned...and to think some are actually buying these as an aftermarket item. The money would be better spent on some JKS manual discos and a decent and complete 2" lift...if you shop right, you may get some decent tires as well...this too should be in the worst accessories thread.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
mine hasent worked in months but i cant go to the dealer because the plug is cracked (been that way since the first time i went wheeling) and i know the pos dealer will say its because of the cracked plug.

G

·
0 Posts
There is no one I know who has these e-discos who doesn't hate them...POS as far as I'm concerned...and to think some are actually buying these as an aftermarket item. The money would be better spent on some JKS manual discos and a decent and complete 2" lift...if you shop right, you may get some decent tires as well...this too should be in the worst accessories thread.
I like mine. Very convenient. I've had manual discos on two other Jeeps but enjoy the convenience of the button. If they don't hold up, that's an issue. If they do, they're great.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I like mine. Very convenient. I've had manual discos on two other Jeeps but enjoy the convenience of the button. If they don't hold up, that's an issue. If they do, they're great.
X2 Apart from occasionally forgetting to press the button, which is my fault, I like the convenience. Like everyone else the day it fails it's gone and I'll use manual discos, but nothing wrong with it in principal.

A

·
0 Posts
Still LOL, at CO Hummer running Pritchett without his disconnected. I guess articulation is overrated for ex. Hummer owners :D:D:laughing:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Fixed....

Read this thread earlier today along with a couple of others. Was running some easy trails yesterday and had the swaybar disco'd. when I pushed the button to reconnect it, it did but the light kept flashing. Today I disconnected the e-connector and cleaned it with an anti corrosion cleaner / lubricant. reconnected the connector and it works properly again. Thanks for the posts that led me down the right path!:bounce:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts