JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lost my Job last Year around July and was unemployed until May of this year.I got behind on some of my bills but was able to catch up by August :bounce:I thought all was well until today I received a letter from my electric company that they are charging me an $1100.00 deposit for being late 3 times in a year. WTF are they Kidding!! No,they are not.I spoke to them today and they state that what they do is charge you the two highest monthly bills as your deposit and if you don't pay it,your in the dark. I thought is was BS so I explained to her that I would not pay it and she stated they would shut my power off 11/11/2008.They stated the reason they do this is for the people that rent and don't pay the bill and by the time they shut the power off they are 45 days in the negative and the customers moves. Again,WTF,I don't rent and I own my Home. Any Ideas? I do own 3 generators :thefinger: I am just really :pissed: Its not a matter of the money,its based on the principle of the situation that they want to kick you when your down.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Most states have a Utilities Commision (or something similar) that regulates power and phone companies. Try talking to them.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
So what your saying is you have to pay an 1100.00 deposit becuase they have experienced non payment from losers that jump from rental to rental. What a surprise a hardworking person is getting the shaft when undoubtedly a loser, financial assistance having government leach is draining the system dry. Jose I'm sure youv'e already thought of this but 80% of the people you deal with everyday at your job are the reason. So :thefinger: them and the free loading horse they road in on. Heres to the hard working men and women:beer: and may the free loading parasites trip and fall as they run to the mail box to see what uncle sam has sent them.:pissed:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it really sucks. Getting a lawyer has crossed my mind but that will cost money and time. These companies have alot more money than me and will fight it to the end. I guess @ this time I will have to bight the bullet and pay them but this is not the end. I am determined to continue to fight them.I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also a local TV station,that have that Lawyer by your side. It really pisses me off that they don't want to help.My electric bill is usually in the $500.00 range so I called them last year to see what I could do to lower my bill "Some electric companies will send a person out to do an Inspection to find ways to lower Usage" and they told me they don't do that and they could not help me. Well I will continue to search for answers as I am sure that I am not the only one here with this problem. Mr.Jester,I cant comment or reply to your statement but,Thank you.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
that sucks dude...

my 2 cents...pay it and call and bittch about it. When you call, ask the rep that you want to speak to a supervisior and when they transfer you to a supervisior ask "are you supervisior or just a trained person taking supervisior calls" wait for a response and then lay into it. They might work out a payment plan or something.

The squeeky wheel sometimes get the oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.