JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for a EJS thread for this year and couldn't find one, so this will have to do..

So who is going? I know that I'll be there for the duration of the event...

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
I searched for a EJS thread for this year and couldn't find one, so this will have to do..

So who is going? I know that I'll be there for the duration of the event...
That is awesome, I hope you have a blast.

It's looking like I'll be in Saudi at that time. Oh and the whole my Jeep doesn't run yet part too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is awesome, I hope you have a blast.

It's looking like I'll be in Saudi at that time. Oh and the whole my Jeep doesn't run yet part too.
Cheers man, we will most definitely catch up another time..:gluging::gluging:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there again this year as well as JP Dirt & Drive. It's going to be a blast!
Not knowing how things roll there, I've put myself down for a trip every day. Due to my tire size (34's) the gnarliest ones are off limits to me but I am down for Hells Revenge, Poison Spider, Steel Bender and Fins and Things. The other trails look more like scenic trips but I'm more than happy to be checking those out too....

Can I ask you where the staging area is for the trips, are there separate areas, how do they roll there?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Those are great trails and you will a great time. The staging areas are usually at the trail hear or sometimes in town. The book will tell you were. The magazine will also tell you just about everything you need to know. In recent years it has been well organized.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Have fun everybody. I will not be there. Say maybe next year every year but I will make it.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
This will be my 14th EJS. Coming over Wednesday, Metal Masher on Thurday, arena day or our club's run on Friday, then Crystal Geyer Saturday and club run on Sunday.

If you've never been to EJS, the trail runs can have over 40 rigs registered. If the stars align and you get capable rigs & drivers it can be a smooth flowing day. If not, it can be long & tedious. I once did a Golden Spike run with Dan Mick on Saturday and there were so many issues we didn't get back to town until nearly 10PM, after an 8AM start. I use the Big Saturday run to do low rated, scenic trails I'm not familiar with. Almost guarantees I'll be back to Moab in time for a nice dinner with friends. Rest of the week it's not so iffy.

I'm only about 2.5 hours from Moab so I'm over there several times per year. Fortunately I have a friend who lives there and I stay at her place. Moab is getting scary expensive to visit. Hotel rates are nuts, and each year they get worse. Camping at the Canyonlands RV park in town is up to $90 a night. Remote camping on BLM land has become very restricted over the past ten years as well, but some of our folks have been camping at the old airport. This year even that is restricted to a smaller area as the county is using the space to store material for water pipe replacement.

Some changes are in the wind. Strike Ravine was removed from the EJS trails for this year because Area BFE is currently closed and a section of the trail runs through it. The owners claim they'll reopen as a private OHV park, with memberships, etc. Rumors have it the owner has actually succumbed to making it a subdivision, so only time will tell. https://utahpla.com/land-closure-update-on-the-area-bfe-off-road-park/

I was over there yesterday on business. The town was packed wth spring breakers. So, expect big crowds, be patient and above all BE COURTEOUS! Moab has grown quite a bit and there are newcomers who hate the Easter Jeep Safari. Going there and acting like a jackass only helps their cause, which is to shut the entire area down to motorized access. The haters at SUWA are watching, don't give them any ammunition to use against us!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,241 Posts
Way too many videos where the "spectators" are in sketchy positions in the event something goes south. Sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
His JL looks like it got wet and rolled in a transamerica catalog.
I love how in one video he notes that his bedding and matching luggage are positioned as to not adversely affect CG all while having a thousand pounds of shit bolted to the top of his rolling shit show. Seems like he was more than qualified to run that trail. Hopefully the woman survives.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
A little surprised no one has video of the incident.

If you go through the thread I linked, someone posts a pic showing where he was when he was stuck and where the accident occurred. Really wondering how he got that far...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts