JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would throw up some of my pictures from EJS.

Rolled into town Friday and grabbed dinner with LeftHandRubi and his buddy Greg who I was staying with for the week. We went to the fancy place on top of the mountain (cant remember the name). They were gracious enough to open up the patio just for us which was pretty cool. Great way to start out the trip:

LeftHandRubi posted a pic of his RV earlier but man is this thing a beast!!!

Saturday we decided to head out to BFE to get re-acclimated to our rigs. You all know Rex and Greg's is a 2 door on 42s

So we had a little fun in the playground first

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sunday we ran behind the rocks with a few other rigs. Greg and LeftHandRubi needed some TLC ( I will let LeftHandRubi touch on that)

It was raining/hailing which made the JK a little dirty:

White Knuckle was def fun:

And we ran into a little traffic Jam because Warn had to ride the trail up White Knuckle to demonstrate their winches of course

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Monday I ran the Rock Krawler/ Poison Spyder run on Steel Bender this is the only pic I have:

Tuesday we went back to BFE for the crawl event. It was packed so just went and watched people go through Upper Helldorado where I and another guy in our group decided it wasn't so bad so we took a crack at it.

Going through the squeeze:

I got pretty lucky. This was the only damage from the squeeze:

Next up is the rocks:

Lastly the exit waterfall. I winched it:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Great pics!! Can't wait to wheel Moab....:beer:

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
^lol, sorry man. I turned off the wave for the week. Too many Jeeps to wave at.

Over the week we ran:
Steel Bender
Kane Creek
Cliff Hanger
Metal Masher
Moab Rim
Potato Salad Hill
Hells Revenge
Fins and Things
Strike Ravine
Helldorado

I didn't take enough pics, but got a few. Didn't get pics from every trail

A few minutes after arriving in Moab, I started the trip off with a bang.

Top of Metal Masher

The Widow maker

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Cliff Hanger

I whacked my diff pretty hard and it broke all of the plug welds on both tubes on the rear axle

And it rotated up. I tried to fix it myself but didn't have the right tools with me. Luckily M40 was able to get rotated back in place. The tubes were fully welded to prevent it from happening again. They said they had seen the same problem with a dozen different 2012 JKs.

I was supposed to run Pritchett the day I noticed the messed up axle, but since the Jeep was down, we went hiking instead to the delicate arch.

Got my Jeep back at like 9PM. We went and did fins and things with no lights. Pretty cool Jeeping under moonlight.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Maybe one day I'll get out there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts