1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
351 Posts
I will be in Moab but not until June 10th.

My group can't make the pilgrimage until the kids/teachers get out for school.

One day I will make it out there for Easter Jeep Safari. :)

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I've tried to make it twice but April can be rough for us, business. Is it worth going during EJS? is it too crowded, too many people too much waiting etc etc..??

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've tried to make it twice but April can be rough for us, business. Is it worth going during EJS? is it too crowded, too many people too much waiting etc etc..??
I have been to Moab several times, but this year was my first during EJS. I was afraid that it would be too crowded and was pleasantly surprised. I did a run with Teraflex/Rebel, one with RR4W (to help support them) and one with Synergy and other than the rigs on the run, there was no crowd. I did Hells one afternoon and there was no one there. I actually piggy backed with three guys from TNT at the start.

Even the restaurants that I heard would be crowded were not. Moab Brewery always looked packed so we avoided it. I don't care for their food anyway.

Was it worth it? I'm going again next year, if that says anything.

Yes it can get crowded but its def an event that you should do at least once.
Definitely. That's how I felt about Sturgis. I had to ride there at least once and did so in '05. Ever since, I've had no desire to return.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I'll be rolling through Moab a couple of weeks prior to the event. I wish i could have changed my schedule, but it wasn't possible.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just follow ALL of KOA's rules. They can be pretty dickish if you don't. We stayed their last year and were on their shit list before the RV even parked...
That's funny, we stay in Shaver CA each year 30+ of us kids, adults, rock crawlers, etc.. we have to move from site to site each night because we get on their 3 strikes list. I will do my best to fly under the radar :thankyou:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts