JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on running Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap with my brother on Sunday 5-29-11 if anyone else would like to join us. We possibly may run the Independence trails also (liberty, patriot, freedom).
Don't be shy lets go have some fricken fun.:bounce:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on. I'm not sure what time yet but i will post it when we figure it out.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I would like to go. Wife has been out of town all week so we'll see if she's up to it.

I'm in Castle Rock as well, you need to post a pic of your Jeep so I can make sure to wave if I see ya around.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. It looks like we will be leaving Castle Rock around 8:15. jrider if you can make it we will meet you at the loaf-n-jug on founders and 1-25. (south west corner). ALASHA it looks like your in the springs so if you can make it also maybe you have a good place to meet?

·
Registered
232 Posts
For Eagle Rock/Saran Wrap everyone meets in the Home Depot parking lot because it's the closest thing to the road leading to the trail. I think I might jump in with you guys. Let me know a for sure when/where and I'll try to show up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Home Depot sounds fine. It will probably be about 9 when we get there. we will be in a dark green rubi and a smoke color rubi. Not positive if jrider will be coming for sure.See you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm still working on it. I gotta be really nice because I haven't told her I ordered new wheels and tires yet!

BTW, Thanks Marcus @ RCO!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Looks like we're in. Bringin the whole fam damily. See ya little after 8.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Doesn't look like I'll be joining you guys. Have fun.

Sent from the other side

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I think I may have run into you guys there - I was a comin' up hill and ran into a group of 3 4-door Jakes - one green w/flats, one steel blue kinda color, and one red. Was that youz guyz? I was the rear-bumper-less JK.

I love running Eagle Rock uphill!! Great trail for that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
X-Defector, yes that was us. That was my green JK, my brothers dark Gray, and jrider's red JK. That was the first time for me on that trail and it was a blast. Great challenging trail close to home.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great time everyone, thanks for the invite. Wife and family all had a great time. After this trip I don't think I'll have any trouble convincing my wife to put in some time behind the wheel so I can sit closer to the cooler towards the end of future trips.:beer: Here are a couple pics I took. I gotta remember to get the camera out earlier next time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At least your camera had batteries! I'm to retarded to make sure ours was charged. I did get some video that I will try to post up in the next couple days. The girls did an excellent job on the way back.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yea they did. I think my wife may have gotten a small bite by the jeep bug! My jeep didn't quite come out unscathed though, steering wheel is turned to the right a little and the esp and traction lights are staying on. I don't see any marks that would indicate a bent tie rod or anything though. I'll have to take a closer look later.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ours does that every time we go out.It seems that after a day it corrects itself. Sort of. The lights go out. Wheel is still off just a bit, it's weird.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jrider- what lift and tire combo are you running. You need to recenter the steering wheel, and the lights should go away

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
TF 2.5 spring lift w 35s. I know that will fix the lights but I would like to find out what moved to cause the steering wheel to be off center. I don't see any major new rock marks on the tie rod or ends or anything that's bent. I'm getting new ball joints tonight because there showing some vertical movement but I don't think that's what caused this.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts