JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Mine is coming on intermittently while driving. Ideas? Fuse? We did have a hard freeze lately and as the sleeeve around my shifter is gone I do drop chit down there:dunno:
Were you recently messing around near the master cylinder? Did you install an onboard air compressor? What year is your rig? Is this problem random? I just fixed mine, after the dealer had their head up their a$$ and was clueless, so I'll help you figure it out. DO NOT add brake fluid for now. Don't bother going to the dealer. They will have no clue and will probably cause more problems than they will fix.

· Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
report...dealer topped up fluids as part of 17 dolla oil change/23 pt check and the light came on less frequently, few days later got new rear pads, rotated discs at Brake Masters and the light has not returned....seems kind of obvious now that i realized its not only an ebrake light but a warning.

In answer to your questions NFRs...no messing with master cylnder, no compressor, 2007, no generally when braking with some randomness. What was your fix/problem?

Dealer service rep said braking will cause light to come on when pads low because it pulls more fluid.......

as a side note I recently broke a ujoint on the trail and replaced the shafts, then installed a truss, so the front calipers have been off a few times ......

· Registered
1,689 Posts
report...dealer topped up fluids as part of 17 dolla oil change/23 pt check and the light came on less frequently, few days later got new rear pads, rotated discs at Brake Masters and the light has not returned....seems kind of obvious now that i realized its not only an ebrake light but a warning.

In answer to your questions NFRs...no messing with master cylnder, no compressor, 2007, no generally when braking with some randomness. What was your fix/problem?

Dealer service rep said braking will cause light to come on when pads low because it pulls more fluid.......

as a side note I recently broke a ujoint on the trail and replaced the shafts, then installed a truss, so the front calipers have been off a few times ......
But Catfish, did you get the problem fixed??? Now I'm having the same problem. But have replaced pads in the rear. I better check the front, but I don't hear them squeaking. I'll check the fluid in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.