JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not well, Try a truck bed coating (Not out of a can) it will have the same effect. I have a audio shop and we sell dynamat. It's ok but a pain when it gets hot and melty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not well, Try a truck bed coating (Not out of a can) it will have the same effect. I have a audio shop and we sell dynamat. It's ok but a pain when it gets hot and melty.
hmmmm...thankyou. Is the bed coating a heavy enough substance where I would not have to worry about over spray, or would the dash, roll bar, etc., have to be all covered up really well?

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
<shrug>

I experienced none of that... I've been using Dynamat since the early 90's

Get the real shit, Dynamat, get a the good roller from them them as well and a heat gun.

Just recently I did the tow rig using Dynamat Extreme and 1/4" Dynaliner

I might still rather bed liner for the jeep over Dynamat, but not because its "messy". More because of the constant puddles of water I get from rain and such and I'm not sure how well Dynamat likes water.

If I had a hard top I would probably stick some Dynaliner up on the inside for insulation.

best price for all things Dynamat is Amazon.com

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like Line x it has a smoother texture, And yes you will need to cover everything you dont want sprayed. And remove the whole interior plus lift the wires off the floor. A pain but worth it in the end.

·
Registered
195 Posts
<shrug>

I experienced none of that... I've been using Dynamat since the early 90's

Get the real shit, Dynamat, get a the good roller from them them as well and a heat gun.

Just recently I did the tow rig using Dynamat Extreme and 1/4" Dynaliner

I might still rather bed liner for the jeep over Dynamat, but not because its "messy". More because of the constant puddles of water I get from rain and such and I'm not sure how well Dynamat likes water. ( Good point)

If I had a hard top I would probably stick some Dynaliner up on the inside for insulation.

best price for all things Dynamat is Amazon.com
x2
We did the entire inside of a 57 chevy that Hypertech owns

·
Registered
316 Posts
The home Depot sell a product called Quick roof. It's almost a Exact Match to Dynamat, I have some cheap customers that had me install this instead of dynamat. It wasn't bad at all For $100.00 for the whole car.

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
Dyaudio is right. A good bedliner will do the same thing BUT it is usually thicker. You have to be carefull when putting it in as well. With the Dynamat, you can just pill and stick. The ONLY Dynamat I would recomend is the extreme! That is it, not the cheaper other brands. Also, when installing it, make sure the surface is clean and at a good warm temp. Make sure you stick it where you want it as well. It does not want to come off very easy! OH, and wear gloves. That tin foil like stuff on the outside makes the red stuff come out pretty easy!

-Jason

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to give the Dynamat a shot then, and thank you for the information. The liner sounds like an ordeal to pull everything out, take to a shop, etc. I can do the Dynamat at the house. Hypertech's pics appear as it fits very tight, therefore I should be able to tuck the carpet back in rather easy. Thanks for the Amazon tip.

·
Registered
334 Posts
When we get new trucks at work, which are either Peterbilts or Kenworths, we gut the interiors and use Dynamat every where we can stick it. Makes a real nice difference. I hope to do the JK like you when I get time. I think it will be a good mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts