JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can D2s be spliced directly into the JK fog lamp harness and controlled by the factory fog lamp switch? please excuse my noob-ness:thefinger:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to mention that they will take the place of the factory fogs

MODs, please move to wiring section if you need to

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
dive into the elcetrical forum. you can use the fog power to trigger the relay on the Rigid harness.
I may have been thinking about wiring LED marker lights into the blinker circuit.

As far as replacing your factory fogs with LED's (the dually's are gonna be BRIGHT as hell, BTW:shocked:) you might be able to get away with tapping into the fog wire on the steering column. I'd wanna be damn sure I had the right wire though.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a set of D2s running on the stock wiring, and all seems well. The Duallys and D2s draw so much less power than the stock incandescent units that you certainly aren't going to fry any wires.

Nothing else draws power from the same wiring either as far as I know. I believe the fog wiring goes all the way back to the TIPM without any intersections.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I may have been thinking about wiring LED marker lights into the blinker circuit.
You can do this as long as you add resistors. My fronts are LED, rears are stock with added leds in relocated license plate.

what i want to do is remove the factory fogs, and splice the dually in right there if possible.
Yes it should work.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I don't think the d2's will fit but the duallys would. Search on here there is a company that makes brackets for the d2's to fit. I just can't remember who right now.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Just tap into the hot wire from one of the OEM fogs at the connector, run that wire to the trigger lead on the Rigid relay harness(wich connects to the battery). Done!
This way you get nice clean power straight from the battery through the high quality Rigid harness, allowing you to keep the nice water-tight connectors on the D2's.
This setup will switch them on/off with your OEM switch on the headlight stalk. You can take the RIGID switch out and splice the switch wires together on the harness, or just leave it in as a second switch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 10" bar plugged directly into one of the factory fog light weatherpac connectors. no issues, works fine.
ya i am positive that you don't need resistors because they are not bulbs being wired into the blinkers. If you were trying to do that with another type of light then yes you would need resistors.

I would try this company, you will save some money as well, http://stores.bulldog-lighting.com/-strse-Spike-Edition/Categories.bok I have their lights on my rig and love them, saved me a great amount of money, enough to buy more :bounce:

Dimensions are in the description as well

·
Registered
613 Posts
ya i am positive that you don't need resistors because they are not bulbs being wired into the blinkers. If you were trying to do that with another type of light then yes you would need resistors.

I would try this company, you will save some money as well, http://stores.bulldog-lighting.com/-strse-Spike-Edition/Categories.bok I have their lights on my rig and love them, saved me a great amount of money, enough to buy more :bounce:

Dimensions are in the description as well
And 1800 less lumens. That's where the cheaper price comes from

Sent from my iBrick

·
Registered
404 Posts
I tied a set of Dually Floods directly into my factory fog harness (as in, cutting the plug off and splicing the new one in). The only issue I have is the LED blinking. My thinking is that there is a little trickle of power in the system and it wasn't enough to affect the incandescents but it is enough to fire the LEDs. It only happens when the power is off and I do something to put power into the system (i.e. opening the door) and it stops as soon as the power turns off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts