JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever come across a good video demonstrating how to do the initial soft top install? I searched you tube and came up empty. (Or a good written link)

2010 2-door jk sahara Dual top option

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be thankful you got all of your component parts. I bought the same dual top option and didnt get the door surrounds and associated hardware. I am in the same boat as you.... I would like to have a discussion on initial installation.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go slow, dont' do it when it is going to rain in the next day, and don't do it when it is cold.

Your new roof is going to be -tight-, mine was so tight it was several days before I was able to get everything tucked in correctly (and it took overnight before I was able to get the two front clamps to fully latch)

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Go slow, dont' do it when it is going to rain in the next day, and don't do it when it is cold.

Your new roof is going to be -tight-, mine was so tight it was several days before I was able to get everything tucked in correctly (and it took overnight before I was able to get the two front clamps to fully latch)
Best thing to remember right there. You want to be able to unfold the top and let it lay in the sun for awhile to make a little more stretchy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Be thankful you got all of your component parts. I bought the same dual top option and didnt get the door surrounds and associated hardware. I am in the same boat as you.... I would like to have a discussion on initial installation.
when i bought my jku in september, the dealership put in the boxes for the 2 door dual top, not the 4 door. they had someone from the dealership drive an hour the next day to switch out the boxes. if you got it new... call up that dealership!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts