JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am taking delivery soon (Friday?) on a new 2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, with the dual top group. :bounce:

The dual top group is there in box(es). How do I know if I have all of the bits?

Aside from the dual top parts, what else should I be making sure is there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
One box should have all the windows rolled around a big cardboard tube with paper separating them, the other should have the door surrounds, big plastic knobbed thumb bolts to attach the surrounds to the cage and the plastic things that clip over the tub and secure the bottom of the rear window.

That was for a 2 door, 4 door should be similar but they have extra surrounds and a few bolts I believe to attach the rear surrounds.

·
Super Moderator
6,205 Posts
you got the same info on Wrangler forum 2min earlier. Blanket forum posting to every and all ? Just odd , not complaining ...Enjoy the JK. :jeep2:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you got the same info on Wrangler forum 2min earlier. Blanket forum posting to every and all ? Just odd , not complaining ...Enjoy the JK. :jeep2:
Yup, and I also just signed up for premium membership to them all, as well. :smile2:

Casting a wide net for info is sometimes beneficial. Every forum has its own strengths.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the new ride on Friday. Went through everything with the sales guy and all was well regarding the top. Got it home and hoisted up the hard top and removed the soft top and stored it away. First time doing that. It went fairly well. I used i-bolts in the ceiling and ratchet straps.

Here's the new ride:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts