JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Benchmark's kit this summer and it's been doing fine until tonight. My main battery is reading at 13.5, but the aux is reading at 3.5. Anyone know a good way to see if it's the battery, solonoid or my wiring of the kit?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have you checked the solenoid to see if it operates (closes) when you turn the key to the run position? I am just finishing installing my 'Benchmark' dual batter kit today so am curious about your problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Which solenoid

Do you have the K.I.S.S., or do you have the Smart Isolator? Are you running Optimum 34, or something else? Have you noticed the batteries moving around inside of the tray? I am waiting for my wiring kit, and then will install the tray next week. If you have any advice on the installed I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the K.I.S.S., or do you have the Smart Isolator? Are you running Optimum 34, or something else? Have you noticed the batteries moving around inside of the tray? I am waiting for my wiring kit, and then will install the tray next week. If you have any advice on the installed I would love to hear it.
Yeah. it's the Yellowtop. I just got back in and I've heard from John at Benchmarks. The rain is comin' down in sheets right now so it's going to be a bit before I can get out there to check it out. I believe I have the Smart isolator and the kit holds the batteries tightly. As far as the install goes, follow the instructions. They're the best I've come across. It's not a rough install at all.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Keep me in the loop. Let me know what happens with that solenoid and I'll UPS one right out if it turns out to be bad.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That sounds like some top line support right there! Still waiting for the funding to buy this kit, but hearing that kinda response makes it less hard to bite the cash bullet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts