JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinkign about upgradign to dual setup. I was wondering I have been looking at most of the mounts which put teh battery over the passenger side of the engine. How hard is it to changer you plugs and such on that side of teh comparment? And what 2 batteries do you run with your setup, I would like to have both batteries at the same time without having to have a switch installed.

·
Registered
382 Posts
A few weeks ago I installed the Benchmark Designs Stage 3 dual battery system.

It works with Cole Hersee's "Smart Battery Isolator" which maintains a charge in both batteries by directing alternator output to the battery with the lesser amount of charge.

The Benchmark setup was well built and the instructions were very easy to follow. The install of the battery tray and hardware took me about 3o-40 mins, although the wiring of the dual system and Benchmark 500 amp winch fuse took quite a bit longer.

Since I installed mine at about 5K miles on my JK, I don't know for certain, but I think from the install, I will either have to remove the tray to change the spark plugs, or remove the fender / wheel well housing to gain access to the plugs from underneath. IMO, A few extra hours of work every two years is well worth the security and piece of mind of running all my accessories of the second battery and leaving the first battery for starting / OEM applications.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Run Die hard Platinum's or Odysseys (group 34) NOT OPTIMA, ive gone through 3 yellow tops in 2 yrs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts