JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me verify my reasoning and choices..i have done my homework and I know the issues with both the front and rear driveshafts .

2011 2dr Auto Trans sport

I have recently installed a RK 2.5" Max travel and I actually got about 4" in the front and 3.5" in the back..2" bumpstop front and rear. i am expecting about .5" settling to occur..

the front is a no brainer i am going to get a custom shaft made so that i can clear the skids when flexing it out..the rear on the other hand i am thinking that i can fix the pinion angle with the RK adjustable Upper CAs..

some things you should know.. i am broke so front and rear shafts are not an option at this point.. will the Rear Uppers make enough difference for the rear to last another year? or should i just get the rear DS instead and not flex out my rig until i can get $$ saved for the front DS.

thanks in advance guys..

I wheel at least once a month, usually 2xs

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'd be nervous adjusting the pinion enough to not need a rear shaft. It seems like it'd put your springs in a funky bind...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I put 25,000 miles on my first 2 door JK without upgrading drivshaft and 15,000 on my 4 door without upgrading driveshafts. The 2 door had about 4 inches of lift and the 4 door around 3 inches of lift. Sure my slip yoke boot is torn but as long as you keep an eyes on the boots at the pinion and transfer case you can run the stock shafts for quite awhile. The skids arent so much of an issue as the DS rubbing on the transmission, this is what tears that slip yoke boot. I say your good to wheel it as it is, for the money you would spend on upper rear arms you can save a little more and buy a Tatton DS for the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.