JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bit the bullet and bought a droid(G'zOne Commando)... paying the 30 per month data fee ticks me off but oh well! Have a simple question, but I must be an idiot cause I can't figure it out! :shaking: :D

How do you send a txt or picture message for that matter to multiple contacts without typing each one in individually. My old phone, you'd click in the "To:" line, then choose contacts and could pick up to 10... this phone... not so much. Gotta type in each person's name or phone # and spell it all out... a huge PITA! Thanks for any insight!!! :beer: :beer:

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
:shaking:If you don't have an iPhone... well... You don't have an Iphone. Just accept the complications.

·
Registered
915 Posts
When I go to messaging I can select contact and mark mutiple contacts. Not sure which contact program you are using, but there should be another app out there that will make your life easier. I know many people like using Handcent, I don't use it because I like the stock one I have. You might want to check that out. Good choice on going with the Android.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Here are some cool apps I like.

Troque- Paid app. Requires a bluetooth ODBII adapter but gives you some cool readouts from your engine. Doesn't do Tranny Temp yet.

Saab Phoenix - Its free and has a functional inclinometer but the screen is dark.

Google Tracks - Works off line and saves your tracks when on a trail. Gives you a ton of data about your speed and stuff.

Scanner Radio - Allows you to listen to the police band.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Dude, I just click the "to" bar and type the first 3 or so letters of the person I want to get the text, select their name, and so forth. Are you using swype or something?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
:shaking:If you don't have an iPhone... well... You don't have an Iphone. Just accept the complications of having a phone that's not in iStore every few months for iService.
Fixed!.....:thefinger::laughing:

Dude, I just click the "to" bar and type the first 3 or so letters of the person I want to get the text, select their name, and so forth. Are you using swype or something?
x2

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I go to messaging I can select contact and mark mutiple contacts. Not sure which contact program you are using, but there should be another app out there that will make your life easier. I know many people like using Handcent, I don't use it because I like the stock one I have. You might want to check that out. Good choice on going with the Android.
I'm using the stock one that came with the phone... it's similar to a simple web based email. not sure I like the threaded way it does it, but oh well. It pisses me off I can't just select from my contacts. I can send directly from my contacts, but that only will go to one person.

I'll look at Handcent... thanks!

Here are some cool apps I like.

Troque- Paid app. Requires a bluetooth ODBII adapter but gives you some cool readouts from your engine. Doesn't do Tranny Temp yet.

Saab Phoenix - Its free and has a functional inclinometer but the screen is dark.

Google Tracks - Works off line and saves your tracks when on a trail. Gives you a ton of data about your speed and stuff.

Scanner Radio - Allows you to listen to the police band.
Cool, I'll take a look! The first one really interests me!

Makes me type out their whole stinkin' name half the time, then the other half it works like you are saying. It was easier to just go through the contact list and check their name off... with all the cool shit on this phone, they sure made the easy things a pita! haha.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found Go SMS Pro, 100% better texting & picture messaging & no ads like handcent!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Finally bit the bullet and bought a droid(G'zOne Commando)... paying the 30 per month data fee ticks me off but oh well! Have a simple question, but I must be an idiot cause I can't figure it out! :shaking: :D

How do you send a txt or picture message for that matter to multiple contacts without typing each one in individually. My old phone, you'd click in the "To:" line, then choose contacts and could pick up to 10... this phone... not so much. Gotta type in each person's name or phone # and spell it all out... a huge PITA! Thanks for any insight!!! :beer: :beer:
There is a free app called VZ Messenger. I like it better than the standards phone set up as you can not only send to multiple users easily (without having to type individual names) but you can also create a group text conversation. There are others out there but I've tried most and I tend to keep going back to this one. :beer:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, I'll check out that one too. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Found Go SMS Pro, 100% better texting & picture messaging & no ads like handcent!
If you want to use apps w/o all the ads, look into rooting your phone. After you root, you can install Ad Free. Works perfectly!

I personally use Handcent for messaging and love it. Works similar to the iPhone messaging app from what I understand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.