JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question...would I need to replace tom he driveshaft on my 2015 2 door auto transmission JK with a 2.5" lift. I've heard through people that I need to install longer control arms in order to keep my driveshaft from bowing. Any answers would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Just throw on a pair of Geometry Correction Brackets from JKS, AEV, or Rancho, etc., install them in the front, and you'll be fine.

Not sure what a "bowed" driveshaft is or looks like from running a 2.5" lift. Never heard of that crap before....sounds like fake news.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mopar 2.5inch lift for 4 doors come with a new driveshaft. The 2 doors do not. So you should be fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2012 JKU with 4.5 inch lift with stock drive shafts but I have adjustable control arms and changed my axle angles and have exhaust spacers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a 2012 JKU with a RK 2.5" Max Travel Pro lift and I had to replace my stock front driveshaft with an Adams but my brother has a 2010 JKU with a Rustys 3.25" advanced lift and he is still running his stock driveshafts.
As some people have said before, it depends on the Jeep. Just funny that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't worked on 2 doors much but on my 4 doors I have added exhaust extensions and when the front axle is drooped down all the way your shocks limit the down travel if you don't have limiting straps. A taller lift usually has longer shock travel that will allow your ds to hit your exhaust, even with spacers. Normal road driving it will be fine, if you wheel it you are going to tear the boot on the driveshaft then it is a matter of time for it to fail...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 2.5 inch Synergy lift and the stock front drive shaft gave out after 1 year. The CV joint seal cracked and I just went with a front drive shaft from Pro-comp rather than rebuild it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts