JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am very new to these forums, however, when I bought my jeep I didnt take notice that the wire on the driver side door to activate the dome light was separated from the Nylon door strap with the wiring inside, how can I fix this wire so my driver door activates my dome and secondly how is it possible to remove the doors on a jeep without disturbing the door wiring harness?

I have an 07 JK Unlimited X Base

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres no plus on the wiring thats under the dash. its just wires but they are the only wires that I can think of would be for the interior dome light!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
theres no plus on the wiring thats under the dash. its just wires but they are the only wires that I can think of would be for the interior dome light!
There is a plug to detach the door harness behind where the strap meets the body. If not, you have one of a couple hundred thousand Wranglers that did not get it (pickup the sarcasm? ;))

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah i think what happened is the moron who had the jeep before me didnt bother to get it fixed when he ripped the wiring from the plastic clip! So I guess a trip to the dealer is warranted, great more money I dont really have right now!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Nah i think what happened is the moron who had the jeep before me didnt bother to get it fixed when he ripped the wiring from the plastic clip! So I guess a trip to the dealer is warranted, great more money I dont really have right now!
"right now" and the dome light functioning wouldn't be an emergency to me. Or just look for some local help on fixing it, just a couple wires..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts