JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running the stock driveshafts with the rubicon express 4.5 long arm kit? i dont have the spare funds right now to drop on shafts. has anyone done this temp 4 weeks maybe

·
Registered
899 Posts
what tranny do you have?

Just an fyi, i have a 4 dr, 6 speed and I have been running the stock driveshafts with at least 4.5"+ of lift for about 28000 miles before the front rzeepa joint started to make a funny noise. The boot at the rzeepa joint (transfer case end) didn't rip until after I got up to about 6.5" of lift. Now I am at about 8.5" of lift and the joint was finally giving out.

I have installed another stock one temporarily until I get my Tera CRD 60. At that time I'll have to change out the rear drive shaft since the stocker won't mate up. I figured I'd do both the front and the rear at the same time.

As far as the rear drive shaft goes, it looks as though it would never be an issue even with the 8.5" of lift. Both ends are rzeepa joints and niether look as though they are at an "extreme" angle. At least not anywhere near what the front was.

G

·
After busting my 3rd JE REEL DS “HD :shaking:” drive shaft I’m starting to think the stock drive shafts last longer.

Leave it for a while, it will be fine.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Here they are, pay no attention to the dirtyness, stupid snowmelt residue:

front driver side: 6" springs and ACOS Pros w/gas charged bumpstop

front driver side: 6" springs and ACOS Pros with tape. It's tough to tell from the angle but the it's about 17.5" from the top side of the spring bucket to the top of the spring perch on the axle.

driver side rear: 6" spring with ACOS, the angle is a little better here. It's a little over 16.5" from the underside of the spring bucket to the top of spring perch.

a closer look at the rear ACOS

In this pic you can see the spring, ACOS, TF bumpstop extension and the PP 4" tall bumpstop landing

Just barely over 9" clearance between the top of the 37" tire and the bottom of the front fender

The rear this time but again just barely over 9" clearance between the top of the 37" tire and the bottom of the rear fender

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.