JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question, but I’d rather ask and learn than guess. What is the difference from an aftermarket Drive flange to what the factory Dana 30 or 44 uses. I know drive flanges constantly keep the axles engage. What is the difference between the two.

·
Registered
749 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but I’d rather ask and learn than guess. What is the difference from an aftermarket Drive flange to what the factory Dana 30 or 44 uses. I know drive flanges constantly keep the axles engage. What is the difference between the two.
Really here at JKO there are no dumb questions when it comes as a question from someone that comes off as a noob and recognizes it ……… so , for all intent and purpose your JK is wearing a quasi drive flange .
Drive flanges are usually a topic to converse about when you are discussing an axel that is capable of having either a locking hub or a drive flange , they are more common in purpose built offroad rigs IE: bouncers or ultra 4 and so on .
You wont see them on a Dana 30,44 axel unless it has been modified for a hub type arrangement (spin-tech) .

Go look at Currie Int website and it should become apparent to you .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts