JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you guys have posted up really professional looking diagrams of your wiring set-ups. How the he!! did you draw them?

Sure I can use crayons and construction paper like anyone else, but I want to keep a nice neat diagram in my rig and in my maintenance files at the house.

Any ideas?

Are there special programs? PowerPoint icon sets?

· Registered
803 Posts
If you already have MS Office then you can assemble symbols yourself via Autoshape/Draw function by grouping lines/shapes to the symbols you need then copy paste them from those template shapes. Easier if you have MS Visio installed as well.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you already have MS Office then you can assemble symbols yourself via Autoshape/Draw function by grouping lines/shapes to the symbols you need then copy paste them from those template shapes. Easier if you have MS Visio installed as well.
I think this is the ticket. Pretty sure i have, or can get, Visio on my work puter.

Thanks guys,
Micah

· Registered
2,707 Posts
I think what you're doing is great emt. I wish I had the time/desire to do that.

All my accessories, except my winch go to my spod. I like to keep it simple.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A little update on this.

I downloaded a demo copy of SmartDraw. It has icons for automotive electrical systems, radio systems and a lot more. Even has Bosch relays.

I only have 7 days on the demo, and the software costs over $100, so I need to get on it.

I'll post up what I come up with.

Micah

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still working this.

Sonfar the best bet is getting pics or drawings of the piecesnof the system, and outing them into a PowerPoint slide.

I've actually made my own representation of conturra switches.

I'll post up in a few days.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I downloaded this and took a look. Cool, but I think this and Visio probably are overkill.

Right now I'm using the Drawing app that comes with Open Office. It's simple to use with an easy to learn UI. And best of all FREE!

I'll post up some stuff I did with it later.

Micah

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.