JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed a Off Road Evolution Flip kit and I haven't yet reinstalled my steering stabilizer but I have to say something. . .

It helped my suspension by night and day. Jeep is much more responsive and it corners 100% better...

Night and Day difference for those whos jeeps are sketchy going around corners.

Kudos to Drag Link Flip kits and all those companies out there making this.

Highly Recommended.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not sure how a flip kit can help you corner 100% better, when i installed mine it eliminated 95% of bump steer as it's designed to do but did nothing for cornering.

A steering component contributing to a better suspension for you.... I don't know.

·
Registered
634 Posts
not sure how a flip kit can correct roll center. not sure a better suspension can correct you cornering better. not sure how bump steer can be corrected by steering components.

i know your an idiot
You are correct, I also had said I know nothing in the past, if you wanna take things outta context, that's fine with me.

Im glad you actually spent time looking up past posts.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
You are correct, I also had said I know nothing in the past, if you wanna take things outta context, that's fine with me.

Im glad you actually spent time looking up past posts.

He sure took his time to take a stab at you!

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Very happy w/my Poly setup. Glad it turned out good for ya.
I have the Poly axle side bracket, links, etc. matched up with a Tera lift, Monster track bar & drag link flip. Works great. One tip, Poly's bracket raises the front roll center 3". If you have an multi-hole rear bracket, use the hole that most closely matches 3" roll center increase. That way you have matched each axle and you won't get the lifted JK "jiggle".

·
Registered
40 Posts
It helped my suspension by night and day. Jeep is much more responsive and it corners 100% better...

Night and Day difference for those whos jeeps are sketchy going around corners.
Yes, this will help your steering. Some more than others. It depends on the angle of your drag link. The idea is to keep it as flat as possible to keep the steering smooth. As you lift the jeep the angle from the drag link to the knuckle increases causing loss of optimal steering geometry.

Of course, you should never flip the drag link without raising the track bar on the axle side at the same time, or you will get bump steer.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have the Poly axle side bracket, links, etc. matched up with a Tera lift, Monster track bar & drag link flip. Works great. One tip, Poly's bracket raises the front roll center 3". If you have an multi-hole rear bracket, use the hole that most closely matches 3" roll center increase. That way you have matched each axle and you won't get the lifted JK "jiggle".
that was a very very helpful piece of info. thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
To the OP:

Please post pics and give some more details as to why you went with the flip kit. I have been looking at doing this to help stabilize the jeep and regain some of the steering wheel "touch" that I have lost. But I get mixed results from different people just as indicated by this post..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went with the flip kit because I was having some steering issues or more like control issues going around turns and maintaining control. It was really bad going around a turn that had any kind/sort of dip that was heavy enough to cause my steering to turn a little the opposite way creating myself to counter steer. It was heavy enough to scare off my old lady into not driving my Jeep again.

I've done so many modifications but if there was 1 that helped me the most (with road manners) it was the drag link flip. It was put on before I had a rear trackbar bracket and it made a more noticeable difference by adding the rear, and matching front and rear trackbar points.

Huge difference. Without a doubt.

Anyone who is at 3" or more should absolutely invest in a high steer.

My only negative complaint is that I lost some uptravel and my rig was more flexy before.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I will be doing both evo drag link flip kit and rear track bar relocation, but can the drag link flip kit be used with the drop pitman arm that is used with lift kits? they keep saying you use the stop pitman arm...

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I will be doing both evo drag link flip kit and rear track bar relocation, but can the drag link flip kit be used with the drop pitman arm that is used with lift kits? they keep saying you use the stop pitman arm...
No, you need to remove the shitty drop pitman arm.

..Also reconsider that Evo flip kit, those stock drag links are miserably weak. You reduce the load through it with a flip, but it's still a really crappy drag link..

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I thought the kit came with the drag link too.... shoot for $300 it should! haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.