JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Judging from where it's at, and the videos on the site, I'd say mud is the primary.... attraction?... there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
www.downsouthoffroad.com

It's in Crosby- close enough to Houston to be able to do a day run.

Anyone been there yet? I'm not really interested in going if it's just a bunch of mud. So hoping some of y'all can tell me if it's worth driving an hour to get to?
I haven't been either, but it looks like mainly mud from all the videos I googled. I wish there was somewhere to play around for the day somewhere close. I am right with you in Katy :beer:

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, looks a lot like Spring Creek (damn I miss that place).

On the positive side for Down South- it looks like they have some good river front for summer swimming. Might be a decent place to go for a dip on those hot summer days.

The videos I've seen all look like mud and and area of sandy washouts (like Spring Creek had).

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been thinking about taking Jennifer up there and testing out her aussie. being the lazy asses we are we just haven't gotten around to installing her tow hooks. But my new bumper is on the way so we have a lil install day planned to get them both done. If your interested I'll post up when we are going if you wanna join. Could be an interesting few hours at the least we would that it's not worth going back.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I went with my brother earlier in the year. not much to climb, mostly for boggers and 4 wheelers. The highlight is the 300-400 or fresh riverside beach that they have cleared off.

There a lot trails to run, but nothing much in the way of an actual challenge. Idiots on ATVs abound out there, be carefull when taking blind curves, because they aren't.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
^agreed. there are a few places with some challenges but not really a lot. there is a sandpit by the riverside thats pretty fun.

its not really primarily for bogging because they have a lot of really good narrow trails, but there are a couple of mud bogging pits.

as said, LOTS of arseholes on 4wheelers and utvs that are not paying any attention to anything other than what they are doing.

best way to avoid all the drunken rednecks is to show up early. we noticed that the morons didnt show up till around 1 - 2 pm. we were out there at 10 am so we had the place to ourselves mostly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.