JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For your chit chat pleasure ,

First I’d like to ask any of you amazing fabricators ; how do they make a spring-loaded, swivel-clip, brass key ring such as is seem onmy key ring here:

Second, I only think it fair that, since I’ve shown my keys to y’all, everybody else’s gotta pony-up and share a pic of their starter-uppers and unlockers. Without our keys , we don’t get to drive our beloved rigs anyplace. Plus , there’s other stuff & places and locks we would be getting into without them.

I like how inanimate things like this vary from person to person . I :dunno: why.

Hide or mask your key patterns if you’re paranoid; it doesn’t mean they’re not after you if you are. :rockon:

Anyway. There’s some chit to chat about. Show yer 🔑 keys . Tell me how my swivel clips made. How they get a spring in there is driving me bonkers trying to figure out .

:jeep2:

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
edibles.

But, same difference, heh.

Just trying to balance the heaviness of the Battle of the Titans that’s been going on here with RK and dirtman ...little shat to lighten things up a bit with worthlessness. But, yeah.

Happy New Year.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
edibles.

But, same difference, heh.

Just trying to balance the heaviness of the Battle of the Titans that’s been going on here with RK and dirtman ...little shat to lighten things up a bit with worthlessness. But, yeah.

Happy New Year.
Edibles.....like. Brownies. Lol. My guess on key chain swivel thingy is high heat hand inserted spring and a hammer of some sort. Here’s my key chain with JK key on its 3rd battery. IMG_0699.JPG

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A can opener (p38) on the key chain. That would be fun until it pops open and stabs you in the leg.

My ring is pretty basic. Jk key, CJ key, house and work. I don't like a bunch of useless none everyday bloat on key chain. I have another ring or bag for my rent properties, various land I somehow have a key to and the city gun range (good to know the local PD chief).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Lol. Has a slight crimp on hinge won’t flop open. P-38 turned 48 last June. We talk to each other. It’s like my service dog:grin2:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Makes for an excellent screw driver, removes dirt from finger nails, as a scraper oh yeah and it does still open cans. Lol

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just leave mine in the ignition. Nobody is steeling my Jeep any time soon.

This got me to , literally , lol just as I woke up at 5:15am this morning. The page loaded I saw @gt1guy post and started laughing and still am .
These are good, keep ‘em comin.
See? This is practical thread fodder : we’ve gotten that @snout probably has his scrotum bedazzled -along with his keys and everything else - and even that @Banshee has been burning unnecessary fuel from the weight of an unknown key for who knows how long . Even that @RubiCajun sits at lights and picks his teeth / cleans his nails with a can opener . Fabulously practical.

:ROFL:

( edit: I searched , Allan ; I still have no clue how they get those little springs up in my key clip. I think your high heat hand press sounds like the way it would be done. )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts