JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just something to keep in mind: while the OEM plastic thing may be a possible source for headaches and misery, make sure that if you decide to "upgrade" for aluminum version it better come from a reputable brand. Not all aluminum castings are equal, and they may prove to be made of chinesium...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Does anyone have a Dorman 926-876 they won't use? I have been trying to find one, but they seem to be out everywhere.................
Mine is on a Brown Truck I am praying it arrives on Wednesday. I will sell it to you for $5K. LOL Just kidding.

Try the O'reilly's Commercial Desk to see if they can help you. That's where I found mine.

I am also told by a guy who works for MOPAR the Stock replacement, the plastic one, shows it is in stock. I never called the dealership to find out put the computer shows it is in stock. However, 3 parts stores says you cant get the OEM part anymore. OH... the plastic part is $160 more than the Dorman Aluminum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is on a Brown Truck I am praying it arrives on Wednesday. I will sell it to you for $5K. LOL Just kidding.

Try the O'reilly's Commercial Desk to see if they can help you. That's where I found mine.

I am also told by a guy who works for MOPAR the Stock replacement, the plastic one, shows it is in stock. I never called the dealership to find out put the computer shows it is in stock. However, 3 parts stores says you cant get the OEM part anymore. OH... the plastic part is $160 more than the Dorman Aluminum.

Thanks, yeah, plastic ones are readily available, but I don't want to go thru this again in 60-80K miles. I will check with Oreily's Thanks

·
Registered
14 JK, Rubi, Red, 6spd, JCR Front and rear bumpers, JCR control arms, TFlex HD Steering and drag lin
26 Posts
Wood Gas Automotive tire Auto part Audio equipment
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Gas Electrical wiring
IDK how many miles you have when you do this mod but...Mine had 40k miles I suggest you change the plugs, belt, and don't skimp on quality gaskets. If your going to update the cooling system now's the time. I basically did this job twice but it was a lot easier the 2nd time around 🙄. One of my plugs had a blown out insulator which this was the first time I've ever seen this in a stock engine. The 2nd time around I installed new silicone hoses and a tstat housing. I came really close to changing the water pump but ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, good to know. I watched some videos on the spark plug change. This would certainly be the time to do it. My 2015 just turned over 17,000 miles, so plugs are probably good, but heck, it's apart, I might pull them out for a look, and decide if I want to put in fresh ones. Dorman is working on an aluminum T-Stat housing, but I don't think it's available yet. Belts and Hoses are all factory, but since age can be a factor, as well as mileage, I might just replace them. I'll have to check and see if FlowKooler makes a water pump for this engine. Heck, might change out to Mishimoto radiator too. I see Griffin, AFE and ColdCase make radiators as well. I have some reading to do.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts