JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can I not remove the doors off my JK??? I have removed the locking nut with the T-50 torx... unloop the door and disconnect the electrical... still no go, tried some WD-40 to help loosen up, no go?:confused: Anybody know what might keep them on???

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know we are having a chinook, but it is still a little cold to be driving with the doors off.;)

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
every once in a while I swear mine are not comming off no mater how hard I lift.

You just have to keep working it till you get the correct angle. Like what was mentioned, kinda open and close it while lifting and also try working the angle you are lifting...it will suddenly go

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know we are having a chinook, but it is still a little cold to be driving with the doors off.

Driving to California to visit some family... making sure I can get them off before I get there....

·
Registered
324 Posts
My doors usually have to be at close to a 90 degree angle with the body before they come out. Then like was said before, wiggle it out. Should be easy to come out then. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
mine have to be around 90 degrees open as well. Also, maybe trying picking up from a different angle. On my last JK i found rolling down the window and stranding on the outside with my arm through the window and grabbing the handle always worked perfectly. This may not be to easy for short folks though...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have not taken my doors off since I just bought it this winter but I plan to once it warms up! Is there anything you can spray in the hinge when putting the door back on to make it easier the next time you want to take them off?

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I have not taken my doors off since I just bought it this winter but I plan to once it warms up! Is there anything you can spray in the hinge when putting the door back on to make it easier the next time you want to take them off?
Any kind of lubricant will work. Most like WD-40, but I like using a (dry) graphite lube on my hinges. Great long term results. Lithium spray works well also.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Pep Boys
Tractor Supply
Home Depot
Lowes
O' Riley Auto Parts
Auto Zone
Napa Auto Parts
Advance Auto Parts
(maybe even Wal-mart)

The lithium spray I use is good for other stuff too. The one I use is GUNK/ Liquid Wrench (multi purpose white lithium grease). It's in a white spray can.

A lube with Teflon additive would work well also, imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.