JKOwners Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This works. My key fob stopped working after doing the airbag clock spring recall and nothing helped until I disconnected the main battery negative ground cable then took it for a drive after reconnected it. The fob worked when I came back.

·
Registered
540 Posts
when this starts happening to me its because of a low battery. Enough to start the car etc but for some reason one or all the doors won't lock, alarm won't set, lights won't come on when you attempt to lock/unlock. It mostly starts with the passenger side not locking. Did the pull the door connector/clean bit for awhile but the most consistent fix has been to leave the battery on a tender when not in use. Since doing this, we've had no issues with this, doors all lock, alarm sets every time, lights on during lock/unlock.

Reason I started to suspect the battery was due it not working in the AM then during or right after a run, it would work for a bit. Jeep would sit, wouldn't work until I got it out and ran it around. Mmmm?

Not saying its a cure all, just something else to consider.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Solution?

Been years since this thread was started, but does anyone have a solution to this issue? Just started having the problem on my 2010 Wrangler Sport. Unlocks fine via door switch or remote, but won't central lock via door switch or remote (have to manually lock each door individually). It responds to the remote (lights flash) but won't actually lock the doors. Cheers.

·
14ers
479 Posts
Add another victim to the list

My 2008 has been doing the intermittent not locking for a couple years now. Anyone find a common possible solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has been happening on our 2010 Safari. Summer time, good luck getting it to work. Winter, works most of the time. I have run the AC in the summer and it seems to be better. So I would say it’s when something heats up and it’s on the interior of the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any Solution?

Been years since this thread was started, but does anyone have a solution to this issue? Just started having the problem on my 2010 Wrangler Sport. Unlocks fine via door switch or remote, but won't central lock via door switch or remote (have to manually lock each door individually). It responds to the remote (lights flash) but won't actually lock the doors. Cheers.
Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
4 Posts
07 Sahara - same issue

I just bought an 07 Sahara knowing it had this issue but expected it to be an easy fix....guess not. Unlock works great with key fob and door switch...but lock does not function with fob or switch. When I press the fob lock button, the horn sounds and the lights flash...so it is not the key, programming, SKIM, etc...but the lock function simply does not work.
find a fix yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
weird lock issues

My 08 wrangler has a similar problem. Sometimes it would not lock with the key fob. The alarm is set, but no doors locked. I finally caught it when I parked and tried the fob. Would beep but no lock. Would unlock fine but no lock. Opened the door and the lock button would also not lock but would unlock. I could manually lock. Next time I drove it (about an hour later) it worked fine. Most of the time it works fine. I have never had the doors off. All 4 doors and tailgate behave identically (all work or all fail). When it failed to lock I did not hear the door even trying to lock. When it works it is easy to hear the thump of lock and unlock.
I have no fix yet.
find a fix? Having the same problem with my 08

·
Registered
104 Posts
How has this thread made it 9 years and 51 posts without an obligatory "Just take leave take the doors off. Problem solved"

Sorry I'm not much help. My smart ass nature made me do it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts