JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
have you had them check to be sure the system doesn't see the key in (TIPM) when the key is out of the cylinder?
If the vehicle thinks the door is open and the key is in it wont lock the doors...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? I have the same issues on my '12. Only thing that I haven't done is take it back to the dealership to get it looked at, but trying to find out if there is a solution that I can do without eating up a bunch of time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same issues with the front passenger door of my '07 Unlimited Rubicon.

My cause was a wire had been broken, most likely by my wife over extending the door with the limit strap disconnected. Solder it back together and the problem is gone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this problem. only when it is hot. all the doors will not lock. but they will unlock. so then I have to go around to every door and manually lock. then if I forget and hit unlock. I get to do it all over again. Once the engine has cooled down the doors will lock again. Problem is worse in the summer. I have a feeling i have a bad connection on the computer and when it is hot something expands and once cool it makes contact again.

It is not worth the cost to get a new computer installed. but I am thinking about a aftermarket alarm that will do the locking that the computer refuses to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
07 Sahara - same issue

I just bought an 07 Sahara knowing it had this issue but expected it to be an easy fix....guess not. Unlock works great with key fob and door switch...but lock does not function with fob or switch. When I press the fob lock button, the horn sounds and the lights flash...so it is not the key, programming, SKIM, etc...but the lock function simply does not work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue in my 2015. The switches on the inside of the door had become loose and either partial worked or didn't work at all. Had to pull the door apart to fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem. only when it is hot. all the doors will not lock. but they will unlock. so then I have to go around to every door and manually lock. then if I forget and hit unlock. I get to do it all over again. Once the engine has cooled down the doors will lock again. Problem is worse in the summer. I have a feeling i have a bad connection on the computer and when it is hot something expands and once cool it makes contact again.

It is not worth the cost to get a new computer installed. but I am thinking about a aftermarket alarm that will do the locking that the computer refuses to do.
I have same issue when it's a hot day on my 2006 KJ Liberty. Fine all winter, then on hot day doors won't lock all the way with the manual lock switch or key fob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RockyRv

Just had my 08 Wrangler start doing this. Heat doesnt seem to be the problem, just the
opposite.... today is coolest in last 3 weeks. Las Vegas area. Fobs only work on unlock function within 5 feet of jeep. Had problems with STEALERSHIP during warranty period over other computer issues, this just another one with no resolution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue in my 2015. The switches on the inside of the door had become loose and either partial worked or didn't work at all. Had to pull the door apart to fix.
The switches in each door that doesn't lock or just the driver's door? I just got into a 1997 and thought I'd look for a fix in the Internet. WOW, can't believe how common this is on Jeeps. My FOB unlocks them after a couple of tries but will not lock the back doors and even the switch on the drivers panel wont lock the back doors. The strange thing is, I can hear the solenoids activating as if the doors are locking. So I'm left with manually opening the back doors and moving the lever to lock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BUMP

Any new solutions to this issue. Add me to the list of victims. Doors will unlock with key and with switch on doors, but will not lock. This happened gradually over about a year (would work sometimes, not work other times). Now, it never locks with key or on switch. Also doesn't automatically lock when I drive away.

We tried replacing the Actuator, but it had zero affect. Guy at dealership says it may be the switch. Buddy at body shop thinks the computer needs to be re-flashed.

Anyone find a fix for the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Al

I have the same problem too in my 2013 jeep wrangler. It's been going in and out into dealerships. I hope we can get a resolution for this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ARB

I'm having the same problem with my used 2013 jeep wrangler, the fob lock doesn't work even inside to hit the lock button doesn't work at all. Anybody knows what would be the problem is? I only have 1 key when I bought it to the dealership.:thankyou:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!!!

I know this is an older post but has anyone had any luck fixing this? My '08 is having the same issue. My key fob will not lock the doors, just turns on alarm, and my auto locks on the doors doesn't work either. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!! Please help a girl out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I forgot to mention that the auto lock feature while driving doesn't work either. It worked just fine before, would Lock all doors at 15mph, but now nothing..........

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone has suggested disconnecting the battery cables. Hope this helps. Disconnect both negative and positive battery cables and touch them together. Next check the fuse chart in your owners manual. If it's the same as mine (08 Rubi), pull fuses M-10 and M-38 and check for white or green corrosion or blown fuse(s). If corroded either replace fuses or clean with wire brush and re-insert. Re-insert fuses first, then reconnect battery cables. Also replace battery in key fob. Hope this works for you. For extra help, open up the Sticky on the top of the Electrical section to see the Fuse layout.

·
Registered
1 Posts
08 Liberty with the same door lock problem

always unlock, sometimes locks, battery disconnect tried, won't lock while speeding up from stop, works better in cold weather but not always...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Raising the Electrical Gremlin Bar.

I'll raise the bar a little. My 2007 is having the same issues but when I can get it to lock about 10 minutes later it unlocks itself and the lights come on. About 30 seconds after they go off again you can hear the fuse panel click like it's trying to unlock them again and the lights come back on. I didn't even realize it until the battery was dead the other day. When I started to investigate I noticed all this happening. I've resorted to disconnecting the negative battery and manually locking the doors. As long as the tailgate was locked when I disconnect the battery it stays locked. I tried to just pull the lock fuse but the lights still cycled on and off repeatedly even with the fuse pulled.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts