JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 JK with a soft top. When I open the passenger door with the key off the dome light comes on and the radio turns off. When I open the drivers door nothing happens and the alarm for the headlights on does not sound. Where is the switch or sensor and what does it take to repair. The dealership was no help. They wanted $350 for the fix.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The door switch is in the latch mechanism, inside the door.

If you have power windows and locks, do they work on that door?

Have you verified the door harness connector is fully engaged?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My JK is a Rubicon with half doors. There are no wires from the door to the door frame. The hinges are the only thing between them.
There are no switches on the frame either.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My JK is a Rubicon with half doors. There are no wires from the door to the door frame. The hinges are the only thing between them.
There are no switches on the frame either.
Think about this for a moment. When you open the door, the light comes on and the radio shuts off.
If there were no switch in the door frame, and no harness between the door and body, how would the light and radio know to respond to the opening of the door?

I think if you look closely at the limit strap on the door, you'll see it hides the door harness. Follow the strap from the door to the body, then continue along the kick panel. You should see the harness as it curves up to a connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts