JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Sahara. Cold air intake throttle body spacer flow master exhaust and super chips tuner. Recently I had the no start issue where sometimes it would just click. I put a new ground into the top of the alternator like many of you suggested on other posts. That has seemed to fix the issue however now my key fob will not work and door locks will only unlock and not lock. If I pull the IOD fuse and reseat it after 30 seconds the key fob and door locks will be normal until the first time I start the jeep. After starting and removing the key the key fob and door locks go back to not functioning. Help!

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
I have an 08 Sahara. Cold air intake throttle body spacer flow master exhaust and super chips tuner. Recently I had the no start issue where sometimes it would just click. I put a new ground into the top of the alternator like many of you suggested on other posts. That has seemed to fix the issue however now my key fob will not work and door locks will only unlock and not lock. If I pull the IOD fuse and reseat it after 30 seconds the key fob and door locks will be normal until the first time I start the jeep. After starting and removing the key the key fob and door locks go back to not functioning. Help!

you've reset by holding ground lead and pos battery leads together for a minute ,yes?

Also, this occurs with either key? Or just one ...you didn't drain the little fob battery by testing it & this just is a coincidence that that battery happened to go on you at same time as you installed a new negative battery cable,right? Seems silly , but just worth asking , imo

:jeep2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried holding the battery cables together. I believe fob battery is good as I can reset the fuse and every time the fob will work until I cycle the key in the ignition. I ran through the fuse box under the hood after I added the new ground cable and this when the situation occurred.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also if I remove the key and open the drivers door it chimes like when you leave the lights on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts