JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I agree except unlike you, I'd settle for swift painless execution. She'd still be dead and there would be no chance of parole.

I remember reading the original article right after it happened. I wonder if the fact she was 16 at the time played into the life sentence.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I lived in Jeff City for 7 years. Lots of drug problems in that state. Too bad this kid didn't get the death penalty.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
"Bustamante was 15 years old at the time of Elizabeth's murder in the small town of St. Martins, just west of Jefferson City. Evidence presented during her hearing revealed that Bustamante had dug a shallow grave in the woods several days in advance, then used her younger sister to lure Elizabeth out of her home with an invitation to play. Bustamante, who had hidden a knife in a backpack, said she had a surprise for Elizabeth in the forest. The surprise turned out to be her demise."

And from her diary:
"I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead," Bustamante wrote in her diary, which was read in court by a handwriting expert. "I don't know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the 'ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now...lol."

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/08/3416711/missouri-teen-gets-life-with-possible.html

She really is a piece of shit. And now we have to pay to house her for 30 years? Her life is already over, just end it and save the taxpayers.

A note that is a little interesting. Her dosage of Prozac was increased two weeks prior to the murder.

·
Registered
275 Posts
With all of the evidence, and the final verdict, it should have been the death penalty. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

There is no excuse(s) for her actions. Big deal about her parents. She is her own person and had a life, of her own, to do the exact opposite and make something of herself. This is not a mistake, accident, or anything that was uncontrollable. It was premeditated, cold, and an absolute joke to this individual.

Sadly, the death of a 9 year old girl and the emotional scars that her family has to endure, are all that is left. :(

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ive got a better idea for folks like her. Lets strap her up with C4 and ball bearings, drop her off in Peshawar and command detonate

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If that is the case, then exceptions can be made, or wait until she is of an eligible age.
She is 18 now but that doesn't change her age when she did this. I agree, sometimes you just gotta make an exception, especially when there isn't any reasonable doubt and she confessed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.