JKOwners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was after this outing that I thought I should look into a disco sway bar. I really like the people that took a rubicon take off and direct wired it to run independent of the electronics that were prone to failure from the factory. Unfortunately, no luck for me as I picked up one really cheap in hopes it was just the circuit board but it was the motor too in this case. I may still convert it to the manual disconnect know instead. I really enjoy using factory upgrades or swap parts from other model (even makes if they fit and work!) Its basically lego to me!

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Electronic swaybars are heavy, break and get in the way of chopping the frame for a new bumper.
I would recommend just running a standard swaybar with manual disconnects or a Chinese antirock.
ENTRY #37: Post #121 by @Dbovine

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
^ drinking, carousing and making women angry.
Leaving the rusty useless bits on won't hurt anything.
I had to read that three times! I thought you were talking about my lady bits. I know they are rusty but they aren’t useless, YET!
Then I was like ooooooohhhhh! My truss! (Insert dumb blonde emoji here)

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is my 2014 Jeep JK sport. I bought this vehicle because I like driving out into the Sierra Nevada range for the weekends to relax and to getaway from society and from the grind of life. It all first started for me when I took some time off work. I took a trip up to Mt Shasta and up the mountain. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been too. Greenery everywhere. Unfortunately, I found some areas where my wife's SUV wasn't able to go into, and I saw tire tracks into those trails, but I didn't know anything about offroading so I just went home and youtubed offroading. I did plenty of research and realized going on trails was a "thing". So in the coming months I chose the Wrangler. I was going to go with a Honda accord, for economic reasons, and I'm glad I didn't. As time went on, I upgraded it; installed a new subwoofer system since I found it to lack in that department. I'm a music person and I like to listen to it louder than the average person. I also realized that I need to listen to my jeep when I'm on a trail, so I got into the habit of lowering the music down when I'm on a trail. So where do I go? I go around the Shaver Lake areas on trails, usually by myself, (Not a very good idea, I know), but I don't try to beat my wrangler up too much when I'm out on my own. Sometimes I take my kids and my wife with me and in those times, I try to take easy lines at every step just for the sake of keeping the wrangler together. So far it's on stockish 31 inch tires, but I'll be upgrading to a 35 inch mud terrain tire soon since the tires are starting to get low on thread.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
My first Jeep was a JKU Sahara. I had no idea what I was getting into when I bought my Jeep. I was a soccer mom looking for some spice in my life. I was also a Boy Scout mom, so I knew all about being prepared. So when I drove topless I was prepared.

Glasses Motor vehicle Sunglasses Hood Car

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I just did a thing!
I moved there. I just went on a 4Xploring Adventure with them to the Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon! I’m riding shot gun with a friend! 5 days on the Arizona Strip! It was AMAZING.
Now I gotta find a job! 😬
Good for you, I've thought about moving that way to get out of here and that's my issue.... Job, just assumed you were still in Maryland

I've looked at Colorado, WY, Utah and Idaho....but haven't pulled the trigger it's all just been "talk"

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Good for you, I've thought about moving that way to get out of here and that's my issue.... Job, just assumed you were still in Maryland

I've looked at Colorado, WY, Utah and Idaho....but haven't pulled the trigger it's all just been "talk"
In the Fall of 2019 I spent a month in my Jeep wheeling / Overlanding across the states. I fell in love with the West. I was in the middle of a separation so I decided to move out there. I was in Southern Colorado for 2 years. Then a wrench was thrown into my life so I headed to Southern Minnesota to be with my sisters to regroup and get back on my feet. I missed the mountains and the West. So here I am. Looking for a job 😳 and a place to call my own. It’s like I’m in my 20’s again starting from scratch. Everything I have fits in my Jeep!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went during the winter time sometime a couple of years back. It's is HEAVENLY. Cold and icy, but there is alot of beautiful spots. Lots and lots of areas where you can go offroad or hike and I saw alot of older fold up there in there outbacks and they tend to go hiking. I want to go hiking, but Im scared of mountain lions and wolves. When I go offroad, I tend to carry a shotgun with me when I feel I'm a secluded enough area, as I don't want to scare the locals, or frighten hikers, but Im sure the seasoned hikers understand but its for safety. I also need to get me some spike boots for the ice. I try to avoid it but when there's enough moisture it tends to get very slippery. For the most, I try to stay in dryer areas until I get me some mud terrain tires.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
This is My Jeep, the love of my life! I love her very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very very
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

much!

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
First, I am not lazy. That was my version of a joke which looks like it fell flat. So, I won't quit my day job. LOL!!! Wait I did.

Here's my Jeep when I was in St. Louis. I couldn't pass up an artsy fartsie shot with my Jeep. I love photography and getting all artistic with my camera and Jeep.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive tire

·
Registered
82 Posts
About 10 years ago my wife and I took my TJ into the Maine woods to find Mosquito Pond. We went into the woods off of 201 somwhere between Bingham and The Forks. It took us a few hours. Parts of the trail were so tight it would have been rough on a snowmobile. There was a bridge out over a pretty fast little stream we crossed and some kind of small frozen bog that was about 100 feet across. The ice broke in the bog from the weight of the Jeep and I had to use the little bushes along the sides as an anchor for the winch. It was cold as hell, scary and we were alone.

When we finally made it to the frozen pond (it is only a few feet deep) we could hear what sounded like whale song coming from the pond, it was the only sound. This was my eeriest feeling I had ever exprienced in the woods. I lost a fog light, cb antenna and gained a ton of trail pinstripes. They all buffed out.

Grass Map Camouflage Pattern Terrestrial plant

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Vehicle

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Water Water resources Plant Natural landscape Body of water

Tire Vehicle Wheel Window Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

121 - 140 of 170 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.