JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place. I have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I have a 2103 JKU and decided to replace the sound bar light with led bulbs and now the light doesn't work any more. I tried putting the old bulbs back in and it still doesn't work. I even bought a new light and installed it and now it doesn't work, so I really don't know what else to do. I even checked the fuses and they all appear to be ok. All of the other interior lights work. Obviously when I tried the led light bulbs something happened. I just don't know how to fix it.

Is there something here that I'm missing? Is there another fuse box or location? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
DIdn't, by chance, turn the lights off at the "Multifunctional switch" (the turn signal indicator). I just replaced that whole thing on the 2013, because it wouldn't turn lights on and off manually. But that was because someone at the dealership didn't know how to do it and wrenched the hell out of it. I have LEDs in all the available areas, without problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DIdn't, by chance, turn the lights off at the "Multifunctional switch" (the turn signal indicator). I just replaced that whole thing on the 2013, because it wouldn't turn lights on and off manually. But that was because someone at the dealership didn't know how to do it and wrenched the hell out of it. I have LEDs in all the available areas, without problems.
So you are saying you replaced the whole multi function switch and the problem corrected itself?

·
Registered
47 Posts
So you are saying you replaced the whole multi function switch and the problem corrected itself?
My lights worked fine when opening the doors still. and everything worked prior with the LEDs in place. The switch would not allow me to manually turn the interior lights on, because they broke it. I was just pointing out that, by little oversight, may have turned the interior light switch in the OFF position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a stupid/dumb thing - it turns out LED lights are polarity sensitive. If you put the dome light in the wrong way around it wont work. Try that before you go too crazy troubleshooting and replacing other stuff. I had to learn this the hard way.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I did a stupid/dumb thing - it turns out LED lights are polarity sensitive. If you put the dome light in the wrong way around it wont work. Try that before you go too crazy troubleshooting and replacing other stuff. I had to learn this the hard way.
Yep. LED (light emitting diode). Key word: diode = one way valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts